Search results

1. T

Hickory Table Top

ok then, thanks for the help gentlemen. looks like we will go the traditional route with breadboard ends and no bordering. has anyone here worked with hickory and have any tips? also, im inbetween arm-r-seal and waterlox but leaning more towards arm-r-seal even though i havent used it yet
  2. T

Hickory Table Top

would having that frame harm the integrity of the table top? my wife seemed to really like it. I could possibly talk her into mounting it on the underside like mentioned to give the appearance of a thicker top
  3. T

Hickory Table Top

Attatched is what i meant by frame. Its a border around the table top similar to a picture frame. Im sorry for the lack of clarity. Ive seen mitered corners on tables before and love the look but Im afraid it would crack/split on me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  4. T

Hickory Table Top

So butt joint for the frame is the way to go?
  5. T

Hickory Table Top

I was leaning towards a turned leg base. The legs i was leaning towards was from carolinalegco.com 3 1/2" pine. The top will be braced on the skirt
  6. T

Hickory Table Top

Im looking to build my wife a new dining table. Over outside dimensions should be about 36” X 72”. Initial thoughts are to do six 5 1/2” boards, plus some 3 1/2” breadboards. Im leaning on using 1” material, so to give it a thicker look I will add a 1 1/2” - 2” thick border. In the past I have...
  7. T

Quick and Easy Fan

So I just recently gotten a new job from in the field to desk jockey. I wanted a desk fan and thought it would give me a nice project to work on. The fan is an Airplate S3 which is primarily made for flush mounting in large electrical cabinets to blow out the hot air. The good thing about these...
  8. T

Passive Dust Collection

Hey guys, Im a DIY Dad (step below Weekend Warrior). Im currently designing a miter saw station for my garage. Is it possible to have a flex hose from the back of the saw to a 5gal bucket? Or do I need a fancy dust collection system? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  9. T

Wonky counter top

I see the fire concerns. This wont be an everyday cover by any means. It will be brought out for family get togethers and other small parties where the stove wont be on. Just for more counterspace for other pots etc Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  10. T

Wonky counter top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  11. T

Wonky counter top

Well i sent it through an industrial sander and got alot of it out. I believe what little may be left i can shim with different felt pads. Thanks for the help guys. Ill post some updates Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  12. T

Wonky counter top

I made all cuts using a table saw, so i had a fairly good 90 degree edge to glue to. I think i may have clamped a little too tight and it twisted or bowed a little. I have a local shop that has a large planner. Do you think that would be the easiest solution? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  13. T

Wonky counter top

So bash if i understand correctly, i should rip the last two off on the glue joint and rebiscuit it back? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  14. T

Wonky counter top

I guess this is more common of an issue with thinner stock. Using regular 2-by stock may not have this much of an issue. This was my first edge glue and biscuit joint by the way Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  15. T

Wonky counter top

I believe it may be from clamping. I clamped in opposing directions but i guess not well enough. Overall dimensions are 34” 20” 3/4” Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  16. T

Wonky counter top

So my wife wanted me to build her a stove top cover. It basically creates an elevated countertop over the stove to add some counter space. I edge glued some of what i believe is fir using some biscuits. After sanding the seams i noticed its not perfectly flat. Its about 1/4” off on one corner...
  17. T

End Grain Staining

I will be building a new table top for a dresser we picked up. I have never had good luck getting a nice smooth surface on the end grain. What is the typical method for staining and finishing end grain? Im aware that it can become darker due to how porous the end grain is. Should I sand to...
  18. T

Candle Holder

Heres a quick and dirty tea light holder. I made this from some scrap walnut mr ken was gracious enough to let go of. Started out as rough wood with live edge. It ripped it down on the table saw; cant recall measurements but it was somewhere around a 2x2x20. Then I got a 1 1/2" forstner bit and...
  19. T

Audio - How to "tighten" up the Bass

Porting/venting a speaker or subwoofer enclosure doesnt automatically make a speaker/subwoofer muddy sounding. By adding a port, you are tuning the enclosure. And the diameter and length of the port anlong with the volume of the enclosure tunes it to a different frequency. Think of it like a...
  20. T

Recent projects

Thats what i dont really have. Every project was made by mitre saw. Basically all i have. But i did use my grandfather in laws table saw for the cutting board Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS