Search results

1. NCJim

Water ring fixes on wood finish

Sand off finish to bare wood. Try wood bleach: follow directions but dilute the first application.
  2. NCJim

Scroll saw lubrication?

Found my noise, I think! When I hold the machine down tightly, the noise goes away. I built a new bench and I think the normal vibrations of the machine are amplified by the empty and hollow bench. I think I should think of putting rubber pads under the machine and bolting it down will do the...
  3. NCJim

Scroll saw lubrication?

Does a scroll saw need to be lubricated? I checked the manual and noting is said about lubrication. I have read that some people say they should be lubricated with Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) some say 3in one oil. I have a WEN LL2156 21-Inch 1.6-Amp Variable Speed Parallel Arm Scroll Saw that...
  4. NCJim

LED Shop lights

All my overhead lights are LED, two are set in a motion mode so when I go into the shop two lights come on. These were two tube lights purchased at Walmart for $10 each. Still working after a year or so in use.
  5. NCJim

Heating solution

I have a small shop and use a Buddy heater with build-in fan. I leave the door ajar (for make up air), propane tank outside, a window on other side slightly open. I do a lot of my sanding and sawing outside on the shop's deck. If I want to work in the shop I start the heater a hour or so before...
  6. NCJim

Fireplace Mantle Finished - Just in time for stockings

Great job Mark. Nice features. Compartments for Guns? Even a bathroom for you cat. LOL
  7. NCJim

Project Timer

Many attorney's use a similar system for billing. Back in the "day" when I worked in a machine shop we used a "job" time card that we stamped everytime we started and stopped working on a a piece.
  8. NCJim

Crosscut Sled

I purchased this "sled kit" a couple years back and it is a good way to get started then modify to your needs.
  9. NCJim

Air Brush Kit suggestions

My wife wants to try a air brush for painting our wood toys etc. with acrylic paint. I want to get her a kit for Christmas? Any suggestions that will not break the bank? Maybe around $100-$200 range?
  10. NCJim

Drill press question

Thank you
  11. NCJim

Drill press question

Its by mechanical lever. WEN 5-Amp Variable-Speed 12" Model #4214T Thank you for the help.
  12. NCJim

Drill press question

I just got a new bench top drill press. This new drill press has a variable speed lever unlike my old model that you had to move the belts in order to change speeds. So the question is: Should I change speeds while the machine is running or should the speed changed when the machine is stopped...
  13. NCJim

First Place at the State Fair!

My favorite piece- Amazing,-congratulations on your achievement
  14. NCJim

SOLD: Logan F100-5 Picture Framing Cutting Jig, $60

Sorry I must have failed to make my listing as sold.
  15. NCJim

After the beginners scroll saw workshop

Nice work, I really missed a great class.
  16. NCJim

Scrolling for Beginners - Workshop

I will have to drop out of today's class. Something important came up. I already paid for the class and I would like the club to keep the donation. I hope you have somebody else to take my spot. I am sure it will be a great class and my loss. Jim Barnes
  17. NCJim

Made $30 donation the scroll saw clas this morning
  18. NCJim

Thanks for the advise.
  19. NCJim

Thank you Jim
  20. NCJim

I do, I just purchased a Wen LL2156 21 Inch thats the new saw that take pinless blades. I do not have a stand I work off a work bench that I have in my shop but it is attached. Should I look for for a bench to bring? Maybe something more portable? Save the opening for me.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors