1. G

Paste Wax Replacement

Thanks, Mark!
  2. G

Paste Wax Replacement

Could you share that recipe?
  3. G

WTB Vacuum chamber

Those look pretty heavy duty. I don’t see why one of those wouldn’t work.
  4. G

WTB Vacuum chamber

That might be a little too porous. Never heard of anyone doing that.
  5. G

WTB Vacuum chamber

Does anyone know an inexpensive source for a vacuum chamber? I already have the vacuum pump. I’ve checked Craigslist and FB Marketplace and couldn’t find anything local. A friend gave me several burls of cherry and I’d like to try stabilizing them in some Cactus Juice. I’m located in...
  6. G

Do not confuse setup blocks with gauge blocks

FYI, you can pick up a new set of grade B gauge blocks for a little over $100 (Amazon has them) that range from .050” - 4.0”. They will be far superior to any woodworking setup block set and more accurate. Likely the last set of blocks you’ll ever need for anything like that. Or better yet...
  7. G

Do not confuse setup blocks with gauge blocks

Also, setup blocks for woodworking are almost always either anodized aluminum (as noted above by Scott) or brass. Gauge blocks (mostly used by machinists, quality assurance, and others in manufacturing environments) come in three flavors that I have seen: highly polished chrome steel, solid...
  8. G

Fretboard saw

I have a fret saw jig and saw (from LMI, I think) that I don’t use anymore.
  9. G

Untreated 4x4x10’ lumber?

That’s my next move. Most of them around here (Spartanburg) are only open Mon-Fri, so I’ll be making a few calls Monday morning. Fingers crossed!
  10. G

Untreated 4x4x10’ lumber?

I was looking for these for a project and none of the box stores have them in stock. And none of them anywhere around seem to have them either. They have untreated 4x4x8’ lumber all days long, but no ten footers. They carry treated 10’ lumber but its all wet and weighs 4x as much (at least it...
  11. G

Woodworking stops near Asheville

Asheville Hardware was the best. That place was really one of a kind since they had both new stuff and used machines, plus all the slabs of wood. I don’t think there’s another like it. That’s a real bummer.
  12. G

Veritas Mark II problem

Hank, can you share what sort of modifications that people are making to the Eclipse-style jigs? I’m not familiar with that.
  13. G

Hello from Asheville!

Hi Rich, welcome to the group. I’m not too far from you. I live in the Spartanburg area. I get up to Asheville every once in a while. Pretty interesting town too; there’s lots of different artisans in Asheville.
  14. G

2022 Tall Vise Workshop back by popular demand

I would like to attend, if there is still space left. -Dean
  15. G

Mill-Right Router table

Here are a couple pics that how the side-mount and top-mount attachments work.
  16. G

Mill-Right Router table

Bump….
  17. G

2022 Tall Vise Workshop back by popular demand

Wow, that filled up fast. I was going to ask about being put on standby #3, but I agree with the last post that maybe I’ll just wait and see if a third workshop is offered,
  18. G

Mill-Right Router table

I have a Mill-Right Router table that I don’t use that I would like to sell. It comes with an Elu router for the lower part like a traditional router table. There are also attachments to mount a router from the side and from above (like a pin router). Also comes with another router (see pic)...
  19. G

Wanted - Osage Orange

Bummer, that place was really cool. I liked how they sold used tools as well as new tools and slabs.
  20. G

Wanted - Osage Orange

Is Asheville Hardware not in business anymore?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors