Search results

1. Rwe2156

Need a new Table saw blade

I have blades that even when the brake is adjusted to maximum closeness, the gap it still too big.
  2. Rwe2156

I don't believe this is correct. I researched this as I have several blades that are outside the recommended gap. What I found in researching is it will still work, but will be a few milliseconds longer to stop. My assumption is this is something SS figured out. I'm sure you'd probably get a...
  3. Rwe2156

Really impressed with Laguna Resaw-King

Did you find the feed pressure was higher? How wide is the kerf? I bought a (Lenox Woodmaster) a couple years ago for a project that required over 120 resaw cuts in 7" x 40" Cypress. I actually found the feed pressure was noticeably higher and I still had to joint the surface between cuts. I...
  4. Rwe2156

Router table coping sled advice please

So are you doing splined miters on a router? Why not the table saw?
  5. Rwe2156

IMO you can’t really recommend a single blade for everything, although a really sharp blade can just about everything. A 40t comes close bud it’s gotta be sharp. I’ve always found rip blades rip better for ripping especially hardwood. I‘m not a huge Freud fan but the glue line rip is pretty...
  6. Rwe2156

Router table coping sled advice please

Scott, I've got the Rocker and have been pretty happy with it. I would prefer something that rode along the fence. Depending on how wide the frame is, you could make a 45° sacrificial fence. The forward block is adjustable. I will say one thing I've found on the Rockler you have to...
  7. Rwe2156

Cheap, easy MFT table mod

Great idea. How did you make the top?
  8. Rwe2156

Would sanding sealer prevent this?

A hand plane would be able to return it to pristine condition. Don't use a random orbital sand parallel to the strips.
  9. Rwe2156

Cherry vanity reface got the panels done.

Sorry for the confusion. No I used the heat lock on a couple and hammer veneered the rest.
  10. Rwe2156

Cherry vanity reface got the panels done.

I did some with this new glue I've never tried and really like it. The veneer curls up have to find a way to deal with that. Hammer veneered the others that was fun. Been a little while. After the 4th one I think I remembered what I used to know. Sequentially cut veneer, bookmatched. I...
  11. Rwe2156

Holly cut down

You do know how much this stuff is worth, right?
  12. Rwe2156

Is There a Decent Staple Gun Out There?

That type of stapler @pop-pop shows is so awful (sorry pop-pop). The ergonomics are all wrong!! Black and Decker makes a power shot that pushes down over the staple. It's decent but they will jamb. If I did a lot of stapling I'd get a battery operated one. I have a pneumatic but the air...
  13. Rwe2156

Mortise chisel vs. Mortise machine vs. Mortise adpter for drill press

If I didn't have both a floor mortiser and a horizontal mortiser :) I would do floating tenons using a router and jig. It is a very accurate way to do tenons. That said, doing them by hand is fairly quick. The issue is keeping the walls parallel to the sides. A guide block can help. On a...
  14. Rwe2156

I got a new sander

I haven’t used it for an extended period, but the vibration doesn’t seem bad at all.
  15. Rwe2156

I got a new sander

Dust collection is very good. I tried the turbo mode and it's pretty beastly.
  16. Rwe2156

Dust collection on Table saw with external motor

This will be a shocking statement to many, but IMO active DC under just about any table saw is not necessary, including a cabinet saw. It requires huge CFM's to really work, which means a dust collection system beyond what most of us have. They say 600CFM but in reality it's closer to 8 or 900...
  17. Rwe2156

I got a new sander

For many years I've been using a 3M ROS air sander and a Festool ETS 125/3. There's been a lot of times I felt I needed something more aggressive, getting tired of things looking good, but when stained or finished, there are some mill marks or drum sander marks. I bought a Bosch GET75 6N...
  18. Rwe2156

Mortise guages

There are two types, marking gauges and cutting gauges, but we usually use marking gauge as a catch all. Bowman's marking gauge is actually a cutting gauge. Gauges with pins are used to mark with the grain, so they are good for mortises, tenons, etc. Mortise gauges have two pins or two...
  19. Rwe2156

Pin Nailer

Cordless would be the obvious choice. I‘ve seen a lot of commercially made cabinet doors with pin nails on the back side to hold the joint. I’ve tried it and it’s never worked for me. What I’m saying is if you rely on pin nails to replace clamps you’re in for some disappointment.
  20. Rwe2156

If you don't have a riving knife on your old table saw

Brings up a point I‘ve thought about. I used a table saw with no splitter for well over 10 years and I can’t remember any board pinching enough to cause an issue, or at least one that caused a close call, certainly not an injury. Don’t get me wrong, I‘m not saying they aren’t necessary, b/c...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors