Search results

1. J

Adt

See below for an email we received Friday from our local police dept Good Day All, A resident recently had a subject knock on his door and represented himself as a ADT alarm salesman he was carrying one ADT yard sign. I also received information from Mt Pleasant as to two subjects doing the...
  2. J

Plane Good Deal (maybe - what do you think)

Thanks everyone - sounds like I stumbled across a great find. The friend that gave me these teaches a carpentry course at a local high school, so if the #2 has value I wouldn't mind selling it and giving him the $$ to buy some more tools for his students. As far as the other planes, I'll do...
  3. J

Thanks Mark - that's a great link
  4. J

I was talking with a friend today who told me that somebody had dropped off some tools and that I should come by and look them over before he hauled them to the dumpster. Anyways here's what I brought home (from left to right) Stanley #220, #2, #3, Bailey #5, ??? Not sure what this one is...
  5. Planes

Planes

Planes
  6. J

JET VS Lathe Gloat

Picked this up yesterday from a Craigs List post. Came with some tools, a mandrel, and several pen kits. Not 100% sure what to do with it yet, but should be getting a turning lesson this week. Thanks to JimM and woodartz for telling me to run and not walk to get it - I believe I got a very...
  7. Jet VS Lathe

Jet VS Lathe

8. J

Do you think this is a good buy?

Been looking to purchase my first lathe and would love your thoughts regarding the price and quality on the one available at the link below. http://charleston.craigslist.org/tls/1574775153.html Thanks
  9. J

First attempt at a Rocking Chair

After a very long time, I completed my first attempt at a Rocking Chair. A couple of years ago WoodWrangler mentioned this guy http://www.kappelusa.com/ in one of his posts. He emailed my a Word document with some general directions and I proceeded. Many lessons were learned; the biggest one...
  10. Rocking Chair Pic 2

Rocking Chair Pic 2

11. Rocking Chair Pic 1

Rocking Chair Pic 1

12. J

Looking for suggestions/help for a TV Cabinet

I'm looking for some direction for building a cabinet to house our TV, DVD, etc. The thing that is causing me the frustration is how to build it so it will look aesthetically pleasing when the ceiling slants as it does and the "platform" is triangular rather than square. Basically wanting...
  13. TV Cabinet Area

TV Cabinet Area

14. J

Good Morning from Goose Creek, SC

Welcome aboard, Jack. We will have to get together some time as I am only minutes from you as I live in Moncks Corner near Pimlico.
  15. J

Reintroducing myself and a band saw question

Thanks for the quick reply Mike - I had put the blade on incorrectly (missed seeing the slot at the back where the blade was to go) - Hard to explain, but I am sure all of you with bandsaws know what I'm trying to describe. Thanks - I'm heading back out to the garage to adjsut the tension and...
  16. J

Ignore my question about the bandsaw - after looking at it again (for the millioneth time, I think I figured out the problem) - It helps if you install the blade correctly - :BangHead: Still glad to be back on the site
  17. J

Hello everyone. It has been a loooong while since I logged in and participated in the discussions. My family and I have moved from Raleigh back to Charleston SC. I wasn't sure if once I moved out of NC if I would still be able to post and participate so I have just been lurking and reading. I...
  18. 105_3239

105_3239

19. J

Latest bowl

One again, Dave you have produced a beautiful piece!
  20. J

While the site was down...

Great looking project, Dave!:eusa_clap

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS