Search results

1. Hmerkle

Chris (@Redknife)

Many of us have had interaction with Chris and I for one ALWAYS found it a pleasure. Chris passed early this morning after starting hospice on Friday. As I learn more, I will post here, but if anyone learns anything please share here.
  2. Hmerkle

Interesting YT post

Power tools, are they faster than handtools?
  3. Hmerkle

Wanted - WTB - Charger for Trend Airshield Pro

Looking for a charger for a Trend Airshield Pro
  4. Hmerkle

WANTED WTB - Apollo HVLP parts

Looking for; 1. A gravity cup - may choose a 3M PPS 2.0 - not sure which is better. 2. 1.8 or 2.0 needle, nozzle and cap
  5. Hmerkle

Website Committee (word press)

We are forming a committee looking for input on developing a word press site. I am hopeful to get two more volunteers from the general membership. The idea is to have an easier way to navigate content (articles, reference material etc.) since the Xenforo site is sometimes not so user-friendly...
  6. Hmerkle

Apollo versus Fuji HVLP

I lost my "deal" on my Fuji sprayer but found an Apollo 4 stage HVLP. I have a ton of hours researching the Fuji brand but know nearly nothing about the Apollo. Appreciate any input and or comparison of the two brands... (Please assume for the discussion that they are both four stage (Q4)...
  7. Hmerkle

HVLP question

I may have a line on a Fuji Semi Pro2 and I am curious of the limitations of that versus a more expensive Fuji system?
  8. Hmerkle

Robust American Beauty Lathe for sale on Winston Salem FB MP

Not sure it is a "deal", but boy oh boy does it look good! Not sure if it is one of us? (Jason Foster) Long bed. 3hp motor. Tilt away with gas shock. Caster kit. Originally $11,500. Includes over 2k worth of tools and diamond disk for sharpening tools. Too much to list...
  9. Hmerkle

(Where can I find) Kitchen doors / Drawer fronts

I have a friend gutting a house and he has decided to make the kitchen cabinets after seeing the quality vs cost. He plans to paint them. I mentioned that he might want to buy the doors rather than make them. He used to work at a cabinet shop and said "I wish I would have paid more attention...
  10. Hmerkle

Merry Christmas

To my NCWW friends and family: First I want to say thank you. Thank you for your support friendship and being a small or large part of my life. I am richer for it and hopefully you are as well. The future is in our hands and we can have a great impact on it together. Hopefully everyone is...
  11. Hmerkle

MFT users - question

We talk about using BB (Baltic Birch) for shop appliances, etc. So why (especially if you are making your own) would you make your MFT replacement from MDF? Why not make it from BB?
  12. Hmerkle

Epoxy ratio by weight

Many times I need a small amount of epoxy. The West Epoxy system is a 5:1 mix. I have the pumps off the gallon containers... Now when I want to mix say a "thimble full" I know I need to use a weight measure. I found this after some research on line... https://www.g7smy.co.uk/ratio/ The...
  13. Hmerkle

WANTED - Parf guide borrow or rental

Does anyone have a parf guide that you would be willing to borrow or rent?
  14. Hmerkle

Performax 16-32 Hendersonville, NC(wasn't someone just looking for one?)

Not mine etc. etc. etc. FB Marketplace - Western NC...
  15. Hmerkle

1 1/2 HP motor for sale

I have a Delta 1 1/2 HP motor 3450 RPM 115 / 230 V single phase I can PE it to The Raleigh / Cary area THIS week (6th - 9th) if someone is interested? I paid $100, if I can recoup that - it would be GREAT! (certainly offers considered)
  16. Hmerkle

Wanted: Fuji (Spray HVLP Turbine Mini-Mite 3) parts

I am purchasing a turbine from a member. Looking for a hose and gun or help with a DIY version (if there is one...)
  17. Hmerkle

Shout out to a GREAT member!

I visited Chris @redknife earlier this week. What a GREAT conversation and I will schedule more time on my next visit to hopefully help him get some machinery moved and anything else. Again, we all know this is a great community because of the great people in our membership, but there are some...
  18. Hmerkle

Wasn't someone looking for a Tannewitz bandsaw?

FB Marketplace - Pickens (Greenville) SC (NOT mine etc. know nothing about it or the seller) "Tannewitz 36” band saw for sale very old, someone started the renovation. I have not used it. I purchased it with another machine as a package deal. Excellent for the old tool enthusiast."...
  19. Hmerkle

MWTCA - Mid West Tool Collectors Association35th Annual meeting 9/16/2023

NOTE: Preregistration form will be sent via e-mail to members - join-up - get on the list!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors