Search results

1. quid_non

FS: Dewalt 733 planer + Wixey Depth Gauge + Dust Collector Attachment $300

Greetings! Selling my trusty Dewalt planer that has been gently used and in great shape. Runs fine - no issues. Great for thickness planing of soft woods - - OK for hard woods - need to go slow and remove less thickness per pass or the motor will overheat and need to be reset. Not a real...
  2. quid_non

AclorAir 360 deg air purifier

Thanks for the replies and helpful info Rory and Winsoncb! Nice builds! @Rory - I like the design on the bottom of your filyer - the clamps to =keep it in place - easy on/off as needed- - CLEVER! I'm sold on this design after all I have read - I really like that it is portable. Not...
  3. quid_non

Thanks for the prompt reply - - that desighn certianly looks good. I found this 8" vortex fan: https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Powerfans-VTX800-739-Powerfan/dp/B001I49Q84?th=1 Are the specs on this similar to what you have? The pictures in the link you suggested are not showing up - - can...
  4. quid_non

Looking for ways to reduce dust in my workshop - already have a dust collector for the power tools. I'm thinking about this ceiling mounted air ventilation system: https://aloraircrawlspace.com/products/alorair-360-degree-intake-air-filtration-system-puricare-1350ig It looks like a good...
  5. quid_non

Bosch 12 In. Dual-Bevel Glide Miter Saw - GCM12SD

Good advice and comments - thanks for the info!
  6. quid_non

Bosch 12 In. Dual-Bevel Glide Miter Saw - GCM12SD

Greetings All! I'm needing to replace my aging miter saw with a 12" slider. Considering the Bosch saw GCM12SD. I do not plan on moving the saw for remote work. Any one have one of these? Also - any preference for a laser vs. a shadow line marker? Appreciate all remarks/comments! Thanks!
  7. quid_non

3D Printers

1. What model do you have? Anycubic I3 Mega S 2. What do you like about it? Everything - works as advertised and a great entry price (less than $200) 3. What do you dislike about it? Not much - now wishing I added a second extruder to allow easy multiple color printing - nice to have but not...
  8. quid_non

Is a 3D printer useful in the shop? Yes!

Great advice and overview Bas - many thanks for giving me more to think about. I have used Sketchup in the past but not often. Still on the fence about this - - appreciate the overview and thoughtful comments!
  9. quid_non

Is a 3D printer useful in the shop? Yes!

Been interested in this 3D printing also - wondering how steep is the learning curve for software? Considering the Anycubic Mega-S unit. Anyone have one of these? Are the files from different #D printer makers compatible (i.e. if I see something on Makerbot Thingiverse can I use for...
  10. quid_non

Router Table and Lift Options

Thanks Ken - - would you mind posing a few pics of your homemade table? Are the plans available? Thanks!
  11. quid_non

Raleigh area Lunch Bunch Meets this Friday

Been a while for me - - I'm in!
  12. quid_non

Trend Air Shield

Yes! Thanks for the tip - just placed the order - - - you ROCK!! Thanks
  13. quid_non

Trend Air Shield

Agree with comments above- -while I don't have the Trend Air Shield I have a very old 3M device that is very similar. It has now bit the dust (all puns intended) and replacement parts (filters) are no longer available despite heroic efforts to locate. I'm going to but the Trend AirShield Pro...
  14. quid_non

Recall - CREE LED T8 Tubes - - Fire Hazard

http://wraltechwire.com/-burn-hazard-triggers-recall-of-700-000-cree-led-tube-lamps/14690088/
  15. quid_non

2015 Annual Picnic May 16

Count me in for a total of two. Will bring ice-cold watermelon for the seed spittin' contest??
  16. quid_non

Segmented Turning Workshops

Hi Charlie! Please count me in on March 14th if space allows. Please let me know if I can contribute to the refreshment/food table. Thanks' Wayne
  17. quid_non

new cordless drill

Agree with Randy here. I am now I need of replacing a Rigid "lifetime warranty" 12V battery pack. If you follow the process from Rigid, on their website, it is pretty unfriendly - ....HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICE UNDER THE LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT YOUR LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT IDENTIFICATION...
  18. quid_non

Cap'n Eddie Castlin headin' home!

Such GREAT news - - he's a wonderful person and virtual mentor. Hoping for a fast and 200% recovery!!
  19. quid_non

Segmented Project Planner

Nice sled! Thanks Hank Agree with Tom, time to review my old trigonometry notes??:roll:
  20. quid_non

Segmented Project Planner

Thanks for the follow up Ken - I enjoyed meeting you and the group at lunch Friday. Especially enjoyed sifting through the Tiger wood. For segmented turning - anyone tried a software package by woodturner pro: http://woodturnerpro.com/content.php?r=123-VERSION-3-SOFTWARE-HAS-BEEN-RELEASED...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS