Search results

1. S

Would like to make a donation to the site.

then I’ll take 100.00 worth of raffle tickets. How do I do that?
  2. S

Would like to make a donation to the site.

Is PayPal accepted. Please refresh me on how to donate thanks.
  3. S

Table plans

Tried several times and get an oops you’re not authorized to perform this action? I ll try tomorrow. Thanks
  4. S

Table plans

Dave as long as I have been posting here I still don’t know how to pm🤪 Strom
  5. S

Table plans

6. S

Table plans

any sketch up gurus interested in drawing a set of plans for me for a farm table. I will furnish details to you. Let me know how much you would charge.
  7. S

Gage smoother knob

anyone have a Stanley Gage self setting transitional smooth plane that could send me the dimensions of the front knob? Mine is gone . Trying to restore. Also need measurements of the chip breaker. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all.
  8. S

Cherry nightstands

LOOK GREAT
  9. S

Outdoor pergola/ arbor post foundation options - avoiding rot

Renewed interest lately in black locust for posts. I never really understood the "code ' requirements for posts.
  10. S

Splitter

I agree about the small parts.
  11. S

Splitter

You bet!
  12. S

Splitter

I have a good splitter. Just didn’t have it installed. My bad.
  13. S

Splitter

Ten minutes ago I had a kick back. Second in 50 years of woodworking. Why ?? I took out the splitter yesterday to cross cut some pine to length. Either forgot or did not think. Working on taking the warp out of an old louvered door by making saw cuts and filling and gluing the warp out. Cutting...
  14. S

Deck support

Wish you were closer too. I had brothers that could help but they’re all gone now. I just am flabergasted by the quotes I get from contractors. I know everything is up but wow. Don’t jump on me if you read this and you’re a pro just saying I can’t pay it.
  15. S

Deck support

I simply cannot afford the undertaking. It would cost 1/4 of the houses value. It has survived relatively intact for thirty four years. My hope is to reinforce not replace. I can see Eighty just down the road so unless it becomes absolutely necessary replacing is out.
  16. S

Deck support

Not sure what the guys were smoking when they built it and I actually asked about the 2x8 then.
  17. S

Deck support

I considered the sistering also. The ledger is bolted through the brick to the mud sill of the house. Good support there. I’m in Columbia SC. 29209.
  18. S

Deck support

I agree. Im just a bit too old for that.
  19. S

Deck support

Difficult to explain but at the main supports I plan to through bolt a steel support I have had made. On the house end I could maybe fabricate a hanger of angle iron and lag it into rim joist of house through the brick?
  20. S

Deck support

To add info . The span between support posts is 11ft. The span from ledger to rim is 10 ft. All framing is 2x8.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS