Search results

1. cyclopentadiene

How did this happen?

I made this large live edge cutting board about 5 years ago. It has been perfectly fine and stable for a while. All of a sudden last night, it popped and the entire board is twisted.
  2. cyclopentadiene

Latest Maloof inspired piece

Maloof inspired double bench made of ribbon sawn Sipo (purchased from Shamrock before he relocated to Boston). 6 legs are challenging to level! I now have a bench design that I like. The finish is not yet applied. I plan to spray with water based lacquer(General Finishes) I will post...
  3. cyclopentadiene

Veneer for sale

Quarter sawn cherry 7” wide x 8’ length. Total 104 sq ft. Tiger maple 17 pieces 11” x17”. 22 sq feet Thick material Assorted maple thick cut 6 pieces 9-12” x 42” 4 pieces 8” x 40” 2 pieces 12” x 37” some damage on 1 piece 10 pieces 17” x 18” Total 36.5 sq ft Cherry 7 square feet. 1 piece...
  4. cyclopentadiene

Latest Project. Prototype Maloof inspired Bench

Prototype bench design. This is modeled after the Maloof bench but I wanted to try a weaved leather seat. Made of Mahogany and finishing with Satin water based lacquer. The leather will go into the slots and wraps to hide the tacks under a rabbet below the seat. I have some ideas for...
  5. cyclopentadiene

Froe and Framing Chisel

I picked these up a few years ago at an estate sale and have no clue if there is an interest or not. I also have no clue on value. I thought I wanted to build some Windsor chairs so I purchased the Froe. However after taking a class, I realized you need a tractor to move a large green log...
  6. cyclopentadiene

2 stanley No 5 planes

1 Stanley no 5 with no patent dates corrugated bottom. great shape and 1 Stanley no 5 with 3 patent dates. The plane was heavily rusted but has been cleaned up. The lever cap is broken. I switched the totes and front knob on the two. $70 or best offer
  7. cyclopentadiene

Planes for sale on CL

https://greensboro.craigslist.org/tls/d/burlington-woodworking-planes-vintage/7446354277.html Not mine. I purchased the number 7 (almost perfect condition). The number 6 is very nice 3 patent dates.
  8. cyclopentadiene

Bench design from drab to fab

A few months ago while at Habitat, I found an old drafting table that looked interesting as a pattern. We purchased the table and the markings indicated it was worth $1600-$2000. (Not bad for $75). My wife wanted to use it for a kitchen table. The lowest height is about 31” so a standard...
  9. cyclopentadiene

Klingspor Extravaganza this year??????

Are plans being made to hold the event? The web site is silent on the issue
  10. cyclopentadiene

$125 12/4 White Oak beam 9 1/4 wide, x 8" long (18.5 bf)

I have a piece of rough sawn white oak full 12/4 thickness 9 1/4 wide x 8' long. I originally purchased the piece to cut into sections and turn bowls and have changed woodworking goals since that time. As a large piecem I cannot handle a piece this large and heavy alone in the shop. The...
  11. cyclopentadiene

Soft Close Drawer slide recommendation for kitchen wanted

I would like to replace the drawer slides in our kitchen with a high quality soft close slide. The current ones are attached to the bottom or the drawer and has the wheels on the side mount pece and the piece attached to the drawer. Our home was built in the early 1990's and has custom painted...
  12. cyclopentadiene

Sawstop Industrial

Liquidation Station in Burlington NC has a Sawstop Industrial saw for sale at $1800. It is not in stellar condition as the top for the 52" extension wing is missing and the back rail is missing. It has minor surface rust and there is a very minor delamination of the fence. Everything else...
  13. cyclopentadiene

Festool Accessories on Ebay

Ebay has numerous accessories for Festool that are not marketed by festool that look quite interesting. i.e.Festool Domino Rail Connector - Connect your DF 500 to Guide Rail guide, Festool Domino imperial thickness gauge, various adaptors for the dust extractor to fit other tools etc. I loke...
  14. cyclopentadiene

Up spiral and Down-spiral router bits

I have 64 upspiral and downspiral router bits with over half of them never used as they have the original wax on them. Most are high quality 1/4” solid carbide Onsrud bits. I purchased these at an estate sale several years ago with the hopes of getting a CNC but have decided that the part of...
  15. cyclopentadiene

Rookie mistakes

After 30 years of owning and abusing a B&D workmate, the original tops were never cut! Today I was using it as a sawhorse (my usual use) and did not check the location before cutting. Oops!
  16. cyclopentadiene

Sawstop sliding table

I am eriously considering making the plunge to add the sliding table yo my Sawstop. It is costly at $1199 so I do not want to make a purchase that large and regret it. Anyone have a review of this add on? If so, what are your thoughts?
  17. cyclopentadiene

Stanley No 2 Plane

I purchased this plane with the intent of using and after researching determined that 1) it is not terribly useful and 2) it is rare and highly collectible. As far as I can tell, it is a very early model which typically sells in the range of $175-$300 on Ebay (not sure what makes the...
  18. cyclopentadiene

Latest Project. Stickley Inspired Entertainment Console

Designed and modeled using two Stickley pieces with a mix of Maloof inspiration. The stickley Harvey Ellis Entertainment Console served as the base inspiration and the Stickley Gathering table for the two tier top portion. The sides are Maloof inspired along with the rounded legs. The...
  19. cyclopentadiene

Digital height gauge recommendations

I have a Wixey digital height gauge for the table saw/router table. It worked great but the LCD screen has now lost portions so i cannot read the numbers. The on/off button seems to stick and this may have been the cause? Are there other brands that are better? Wixey angle gauges finally...
  20. cyclopentadiene

Stanley Number 2 Dating

I purchased a Stanley Number 2 plane today. It has No 2 at the front of the knob with no raised circle. It has no patent numbers anywhere on the plane. The bleds just says stanley Made in USA (no Sweetheart Logo), The lever cap is hollow on the back. The lever has no patent numbers and is...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS