Search results

1. Weekendworrior

Thread chasers

I've been looking everywhere for them. I can find them but they're either being sold offshore or trying to sell entire sets or kits which I don't need and cost more than I want to spend. I've got one project I need cut 16tpi threads on for the time being and the availability for 16tpi chasers...
  2. Weekendworrior

Chick-Inn

My daughter, whom turns 16 next week, begged for pet chickens for 2 years. I gave in months ago and started a project. We live in town so we can't have roosters and are only allowed up to six hens. My daughter was very honest when she said; "I don't even know if I can take care of chickens", so...
  3. Weekendworrior

Second attempt at hollow form

From the scrap pile I utilized poplar and red oak. The poplar was left over from a project a few months ago. the red oak was old pallet wood. I wanted to turn end grain and wanted two different hardness's. As with my first attempt, I really just wanted to create evils and make something hateful...
  4. Weekendworrior

First hollow form

Understand folks, my lathe is a necessary evil. When I need it, it's there, and that's its purpose. An upcoming project for a friend is a cremation urn and before I begin spinning a large chunk of spalted maple, I need some practice. I glued some 2X4's together and turned a basic shape and...
  5. Weekendworrior

Turning blank source...

...for vessels/urns. Lemme know who you know. Thanks in advance.
  6. Weekendworrior

Miter saw

I see an awful lot of dewalts for sale on craigslist. Anyone want to chime in as to why?
  7. Weekendworrior

Board stretcher

Current outdoor project has left me with a quite a few 2'+ cutoffs (some shorter, some longer). I still have a need for 2x4 lumber cut at 41" to 48". Their placement and use doesn't require much structural integrity. Since it was raining anyway, I decided to stretch some boards and a few...
  8. Weekendworrior

Sealing MDF edges

Interested in your method(s) for sealing MDF edges for painting. I do not wish to use edge banding or veneer. Thanks in advance.
  9. Weekendworrior

Skew chisel

Discuss what you have used, what you use, what you like and don't like. List brands, style, and steel type.
  10. Weekendworrior

Taz

I have no desire to get into turning bowls (not saying I won't give it a try at some point but it's not something I care to get into). I am however in constant need of a lathe for this or that. An upcoming project pushed me to do something about not having one at my disposal. I'm a very patient...
  11. Weekendworrior

Aqua Coat Vs. CrystaLac

Share your experiences please. Thanks in advance.
  12. Weekendworrior

Porch Rocker

This is just one of many examples out there. I've searched for days and cannot find plans. Any help is appreciated.
  13. Weekendworrior

Hobbit house

The wife loves enchantment so I added a little to her yard space.
  14. Weekendworrior

Workshops....

Mine now has A/C. :gar-Bi
  15. Weekendworrior

Carter Band Saw Stabilizer

Does anyone have one? If so, do you have the part number to the bearing itself? Thanks in advance.
  16. Weekendworrior

Busy box

It was my first decorative style box build. I made a ton of mistakes and I learned a lot. The recipient is a friend of the family and she loves "busy" things (paintings, sculptures, wood crafts, etc). With the exception of the walnut splines and the top veneer, it's all maple from a pallet...
  17. Weekendworrior

Squared and angled...

So I got my Wixey WR300 the other day. In fact, I was already out in the shop when my wife sends me text saying I had a package on the counter and I knew exactly what it was. I dropped what I was doing and made a B-line for the house............the counter. After opening everything up and firing...
  18. Weekendworrior

Ridgid R4512

Albeit this is not a review of the saws performance per se as I have not used it enough to do that yet, this is however a review of assembly and setup. And I’ll take a few moments to vent about the Craigslist and the people selling items on it. About 7 months ago I started really searching...
  19. Weekendworrior

Veneer tape

Hey guys, I just placed an order for some veneers for a couple of projects I'm working on. I've searched my shop wall to wall and cannot find my roll of veneer tape. I don't need much at all. 12 inches or so would be a plenty for right now. I really hate to place an order for $6. If anyone has...
  20. Weekendworrior

The new Gold

It must be Walnut.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors