Search results

1. T

Spray booth Spray area

Has anyone built their own vented spray booth or spray area. I am interested in building one that has a table approx. 30"x30". I would be spraying almost anything. Would love to get some ideas from a few of you folks that either have purchased a booth or have built one and are willing to...
  2. T

Exterior highly durable finish???

I am building a 1"x24"x36" sign out of maple. It is going to be an outdoor hanging sign (in upstate NY) that is engraved on both sides. I realize maple is not a great choice for exterior, but that's what the customer wanted. It will have a sort of "roof" structure in an attempt to protect from...
  3. T

CorelDraw Charlotte area

Hello, is there anyone in the Charlotte / Concord area that is using Coreldraw? If so, would you be willing to help me out with a few tips for a new user? Thank you, Tom
  4. T

Assembly question.

I have a 31" x 22" red cedar glue up. The 22" sides are the end grains. I want to attach 4" vertical sides along the 22" sides with rabbet joinery. I was planning on gluing the entire 22" joint. Is that too long when considering expansion? Any ideas opinions, or alternate assembly ideas...
  5. T

Which epoxy and pigment ?

I am currently building an oak frame for a bathroom mirror. In the frame I will be inlaying colored epoxy. The oak frame and the groove for the epoxy will be painted brown. The epoxy I plan to pour in will likely be tinted light blue or I may stay with clear. Does anyone have a experience...
  6. T

Boss laser user .??

Does anyone in here have a BOSS brand laser? If so, I'd love to have a chat with you if you are willing to share a little general info. thank you. Tom temp626@aol.com
  7. T

Community woodshop ???

Does anyone know of a member based, community woodworking shop anywhere in the NC area? ( Charlotte, Raleigh, Durham, Greensboro, Etc.)
  8. T

Public use shop ?

Does anyone know of a "public use" woodworking shop in the Charlotte/Greensboro/Raleigh area that is available for rent. For example, rent the woodworking tools inside..... OR..... Rent the shop and all of its contents to build a project. Thanks.
  9. T

Grizzly tools touch up paint

I recently purchased a used Grizzly G1018 jointer. Right now it's completely disassembled for cleaning and awaiting a few new parts to fine tune it. I now have decided to re-paint the stand and jointer prior to reassembly. Has anyone out there with an older Grizzly tool (approx 1995-2000)...
  10. T

6" & 4" spiral pipe and fittings

I am looking for approximately 60-80' of 6" spiral pipe and approximately 40' of 4" spiral pipe to help finish assembling my dust collection system. In addition, I will need 6x6x4" lateral y's. If you know of anyone that has some of these products would you please send them my way via email...
  11. T

6" Spiral Duct Needed

If anyone has any 6" spiral duct or knows of anyone that is interested in selling what they have leftover, I am interested in approximately 60' of that pipe. Best way to contact me is my email...... temp626@aol.com........... Thank you for the help, Tom Empie Concord, NC
  12. T

Metal Ductwork Suggestions

I live in the Charlotte/Concord, NC area and was wondering if anyone knows where I might find a reasonable supplier for metal duct for my dust collector. I will be using approx. 80 feet of 6" duct and enough 4" for approx. 10 drops. I will also be looking for 3 6" blast gates and approx. 10-12...
  13. T

DUST COLLECTOR main line drop downs

I am in the design phase of ductwork planning and have a question or two for the forum. General info: - The collector is the PennState Tempest 1535 w/ 7" inlet. The machine is rated at 1700 CFM through the collector. I will be using the 7" - 6" reducer that is supplied with the machine. That...
  14. T

Hard maple? Soft maple? Birch?

Years ago I purchased a large lot of what I was told was hard maple. I have since been told that it probably consists of hard and soft maple along with white birch. The dimensions are roughly.... 2" x 2.5" x 4-6'. I have approx. 50-70 pcs. does anyone have an easy way to identify each...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS