Search results

1. dancam

Little projects between projects

+ on the Allen wrench set-up.
  2. dancam

cutting off top of box

I use a Table saw with a 71/4 circ blade. It is set to just under the width of the box sides, and I finish with a Japanese fine-tooth blade. The 7 1/4 Diablo blade is thinner than my 10" WWII Thin Kerf and leaves an almost invisible line.
  3. dancam

Chris (@Redknife)

Very sorry to learn of his passing.
  4. dancam

box clamp

++1 on the Merle clamps and rubber bands on smaller boxes.
  5. dancam

Hinges for boxes

Dave, you will enjoy box making. I have had success with side rail hinges I found on eBay and Etsy, starting with smaller boxes. The side rail hinges are fairly easy to install with a router table. The Rockler & Lee Valley hinges are a good choice as you progress to larger boxes. When you get...
  6. dancam

New from Concord

Welcome
  7. dancam

Man From The North

Welcome
  8. dancam

One more product gone down hill

Https://www.amazon.com/Welstik-Yards-10-Longer-Heavy-Photography-Reflective/dp/B07WZXC7JR/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1G9OBL9UH1SPP&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.viXIRekBQnVhFXRr2M3OLgLTKpxM2IrB4Smu_UA6UBS9Pfv0s6LYbXd-FBV7SUFRKspgVWfNna9mKwReCviG-4L4CgnS2L9LhwTAfdZKCHhD4oeEaMdLISsdXQh5CNuSRiyCY4ro8e3HqVVzHIJeRnfZ78hXBIvZ...
  9. dancam

A little about me.

Welcome, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work.
  10. dancam

For the Lady who has everything

When you care enough, send the very best.
  11. dancam

Howdy!

Welcome to the forum.
  12. dancam

1930s keepsake trunk

Yes , it was fabric and we stripped off all the old paper and applied shellac to the wood walls. The fabric was applied to poster board with batting and then affixed with upholstery tacks to the walls, bottom and top and the same for the tray. It was a very time consuming process but gave the...
  13. dancam

1930s keepsake trunk

Many years ago (mid-70s), my wife and I picked up an old steamer trunk at a flea market in PA for around $20. It was in poor shape, with most of the interior paper missing or in bad shape. Over a couple of years, we worked on it off and on. I did the exterior, and my wife picked out some...
  14. dancam

My first curly maple table top

Wow, that looks fantastic.
  15. dancam

Sharp!

Now that is THIN!!!!
  16. dancam

WTB Crystal Door knobs

Try eBay.
  17. dancam

Jointer Issue

I’ve not seen this problem before, so I can’t offer a direct remedy. I would suggest that you give the rubber feed rollers a trough cleaning with mineral spirits and a woven pad. I would also re-wax the feed surface. Bottom line, these 2 suggestions may not directly fix the identified problem...
  18. dancam

Dining table finish?

First, I would fill the wormholes* with either clear CA or colored wood putty, such as TimberMate (white oak). When holes are filled, you can choose wipe-on finishes, such as wipe-on poly, a surface coating, or one of the hard/wax oils, such as Rubio Mono Coat or Odie's oil. * Filling the...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors