Search results

1. P

What is it ?

Very hard, heavy, difficult to cut, tried a small bowl, gave up
  2. P

Sanding Sealer

Is there a difference between what turners call Sanding sealer, and pre-stain sanding sealer?
  3. P

Wooden Cups

What should I use to finish a Turned Wooden Cup that will be used drinking? Thanks
  4. P

Rockler

Having an outlet sale thru 1/21, Tung oil https://www.rockler.com/search/tung%20oil?customFilters=filter.final_price:*__25
  5. P

Worksharp 3000

Looking at this for sharpening, as I dont do grinding wheels successfully, have any opinions? WS3000 Woodworking Tool Sharpener
  6. P

Woodturning Beginner

Altho an Older woodworker, ready to Start, have a Midi Lathe 14 x 20, have Spur, Live centers, chuck, chisels, gouge set on way, full face guard. Plan on starting with small diameter green wood for starters. Basic question, should I begin with just the Roughing gouge to get a feel? Have been...
  7. P

Cheese Board

Working on a Cherry cheeseboard, bought wood butter, 100% Mineral and Beeswax, will that provide any lustre?
  8. P

C E Jennings Machinist Chest

Have an old chest was Great Gdpa's circa late 1800-early 1900 s. Was a mess, several layers of some paint and other coating. Tried the Murphys oil but no go, so I sanded all but the inside of the Lid. Used Behr stain with poly, one coat didnt want to lose the dings, or cover the grain.
  9. P

Stanley Bailey 5

Found an Old Stanley Bailey #5 jackplane , only flaw was the top of the Tote was broken off. Patent date 1902, mfrd between 1902 and 1907. Thought I would try to make a replacement Tote, never done before. The only block of wood thick enough I had cut from a piece of slab from a sawyer friend...
  10. P

LED Lights

Ordered these for Garage https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HBT3BVM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
  11. P

Stanley Bailey #5

Found this online, cheap, followed you all s sharpening advice. Not a collector, but nice user. Patent Mar 25, 1902, mfr between 1902 and 1907, I believe. Piece broken off top of Tote, small piece missing left front of frame.
  12. P

Old Machinist chest

Have this old Everett Jennings chest, from a grandparent, used it for last 15 plus years keeping varied things. Thinking of refinishing it, any thoughts appreciated
  13. P

Hand Plane

Looking for a suggestion on a basic plane to use on rough sawmill wood to smooth the blade markings. Not very large pieces, some 2-3 feet long. I have a #4, but do not wish to use on the rough stuff.
  14. P

Small Lathe

Never turned wood before, considering a Mini or Midi Lathe, not High end, I do like the Variable electric Speed control, but asking how often does one change speeds, as with some, you must Move Belt THX
  15. P

Need CNC nameplate

am making a Deskset, Black Walnut, for a friend and tried to Scrollsaw the following, which started terribly, wont use it. Dr. Bonnie Molina The name will be like a desk nameplate, on an 11" W x 2 1/2" H and attached to the deskset. If its not worth your time, just say so, no problem, again...
  16. P

Sanding Box

Have a small dust collector coming, looking at Plans for a sanding box. Dont need a very large one, planning on 2' x 2', pegboard, 4" collector, baffles. Is it worth making?
  17. P

Cutter

Some type of old cutter
  18. P

Noodle Board

Working on a Noodle Board/Stove Top protector, all pieces cut sanded. Used 1/2 x 6 clear pine for bottom, 1 x 4 for sides and back. Haven't decided if Stain, or clear Poly, but pondering the Glue up and assembly. I have some clamps to use, and have watched Many Videos, but interested in what/how...
  19. P

Plexi and Wood

Hey all, been a crazy year, just started to do a little wood stuff. Making a display box, grooved the underside if the top frame to accept 1/8 plexiglass. What type of glue/adhesive would hold plexi to wood, as the frame is only 1/2 thick, grooved 1/8" not much room for fasteners Any...
  20. P

Corian Sink

Reading articles about resurfacing an under counter mount Corian sink. Understand the process, curious if anyone here has tried it. Article suggests first using 120, then 180 grit sandpaper[Hook and Loop 5" ROS discs] Then Non Woven Pads 280-400-600 grit.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS