Search results

1. jmauldin

gluing flanel

I'm looking for suggestions from the "artsy/crafty folks out there. I need to glue a piece of flannel to the inside of a jewelry box. What is the best glue to use? Jim in Mayberry
  2. jmauldin

air compressor

Does anyone out there have, or know where I can find, an affordable 3.5 hp air compressor (single or double stage)? Mine "dropped a rod" and I can almost buy a new compressor for the cost of fixing this one. It is mounted on a 60 gal tank. Jim in Mayberry
  3. jmauldin

My mother's death

Just wanted to inform you folks. I just returned from Chattanooga, Tn. My mother died last Sun. (Oct. 30) here in Mt. Airy. and I went to Chatt. for the funeral. She was 97. Would have been 98 the end of this month. Jim in Mayberry
  4. jmauldin

Flea market Gloat

Got the following items at the flea market - all for a Case pocket knife and $25.00. Didn't think this was too bad a deal. Jim in Mayberry
  5. jmauldin

ShopSmith

The Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Mt. Airy has a fairly new variable speed ShopSmith with scroll saw, turning chisels, and lots more for sale - $700. this is a great deal if anyone is interested in a ShopSmith. I don't know the exact model No. nor all the accessories with it. If anyone is...
  6. jmauldin

Refinished Mahogany Bed

This is the bed I got from Jerome Bias last year. I stripped, disassembled, reglued, then stained with BLO, sprayed with 5 coats of lacquer, then buffed.
  7. jmauldin

refinishing class

Just thought I would share with you folks one of my lastest projects. I have started a class on refinishing furniture at the local Habitat Restore. The idea is that when someone comes in and looks at a piece of furniture in the store and it is in need of repair/refinishing if there was someone...
  8. jmauldin

Storm damage

We had a heck of a storm Mon. evening. The wind took out a big bradford pear tree in the front yard - half of it fell on my 7' camellia bush and broke out half of it. I spent Tues. with a chain saw. Tues. evening another storm hit. I didn't think it did much damage - until I was in the bathroom...
  9. jmauldin

I am tired of having to log in with username and password every time I visit the site. I have clicked "remember me" but it does not good. Can you correct this problem for me? Thanks Jim Mauldin
  10. jmauldin

discount on Festool

Highland Woodworking [email@highlandwoodworking.com]
  11. jmauldin

one-day sale on Amazon

Jusst noticed that Amazon.com has a one day sale on the Hitachi DS140VF3 14.4 vold driver/drill and light for $69.95, reg. $169. Amazon.com [store-news@amazon.com] Sounds like a good deal. Jim in Mayberry
  12. jmauldin

saw from Bridge City

Check out this link. This is pricey, but cool! www.bridgecitytools.com/Products/What's+New/Jointmaker+Pro+v2 Jim in Mayberry
  13. jmauldin

NCWW pony express

I am selling a bench top drill press to Gary in Raleigh. Mike Davis is to pick it up this Sat. (24th) and take it to Greensboro on Mon. (26th). Need somone to pick it up from Mike and take it to Raleigh to Gary Conklin. Can the NCWW pony express come through again? Jim in Mayberry
  14. jmauldin

Heater for shop...

Like every one else I receive a lot of "junk" mail, but one piece caught my eye. It is for a EdenPureQuartz Infrared Portable Heater that will heat up to 1,000 sq. ft and is advertised to cut heating bill by 50%. For those who use their two-car garage of have a small shop this might be something...
  15. jmauldin

Byrd spiral cutterhead

Check out Sunhill Machinery web site. They have the Byrd spiral cutterhead on sale for $149.00. They give a list of machines it will fit, or call them if your machine isn't listed. At this price ALL can afford to upgrade their jointer. Jim in Mayberry
  16. jmauldin

[Problem-Gallery] fire engine bed for grandson

I just posted some pics of a bed I made for our grandson. Wanted it to show up on the home page but it ended up in the photo gallery. Can you also post it on the home site? Jim
  17. jmauldin

Deleting Classified ad

Name: jmauldin I need to remove the ad I placed for the Leigh dovetail jig. I have sold it. I didn't see any place to do this in the ad itself. Thanks, Jim in Mayberry --------------------
  18. jmauldin

show-stopping finish

Found this finish schedule in a Woodcraft magazine that some may want to try. 1.
  19. jmauldin

little gloat

Not much of a gloat, but maybe! I quit using my drill press mortiser and got this one from Grizzly. It is much nicer and does a much better job. By the way, if anyone is interested in a Delta drill press mortising attachment I now have one I would like to sell for $25.00.
  20. jmauldin

alignment solution

Here is my solution to aligning my table saw, etc. I took a miter guage I don't use, drilled and tapped holes, mounted a plate, and attach my magnetic dial guage to it. Now my saw is within .001.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS