Search results

1. Alex Stokes

Hello from Knightdale

Welcome Sean! There’s a great depth of experience here. I'm sticking with my venerable Delta cabinet saw :)
  2. Alex Stokes

Shop workflow and machine placement

Great video, thanks Steve!
  3. Alex Stokes

the North Carolina Furniture School Reopens

That looks like a great facility Stuart! Reading through your course offerings!
  4. Alex Stokes

Learning Woodworker in Raleigh

You've found the right place, loads of good friends, experience, advice - and directions to find equipment and also - **wood**!!
  5. Alex Stokes

Getting protective masks to those who need them most.

This is pretty straightforward. If you've got masks or gloves - get them over to your local hospital! If you're using social distancing - watching tv at home - you don't need the stuff! (Or keep one.) Our medical professionals are putting their lives on the line every day treating our most...
  6. Alex Stokes

Wanted - 12" or larger bandsaw

Nope, not yet Dave. Email me at kastokes@gmail.com?
  7. Alex Stokes

How I made this is a mystery?

That's an amazing vase!
  8. Alex Stokes

New Member from Kill Devil Hills

Welcome Tim!
  9. Alex Stokes

Wanted - 12" or larger bandsaw

I’m going to sell mine if your father in law is interested. I’ve got Carter blade guides installed, and 2-3 new blades still in the sealed packages. Like new condition, and sits on a mobile base. PM me if interested? I was going to put it up in the marketplace but hadn’t quite got it done...
  10. Alex Stokes

Props to Zoro Tools

Yea, ... "Fell out of the box" - lol Well good for them though. I wonder who pays, Zoro or the trucking company?
  11. Alex Stokes

New Member from Raleigh

A warm welcome and New Year wish too!
  12. Alex Stokes

Porter Cable BN-125 Parts

Wow - got them in and stuck it right on! When I shot that nail and parts went everywhere, I thought I had broken more important parts at the nose, but it turns out that's all it was. I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate the advice. Saved a very useful tool there. One of my favorites...
  13. Alex Stokes

Thanks Zach! I'll let you know after I get them.
  14. Alex Stokes

It turns out that while I thought "the whole nose assembly shattered" that it was in fact just the bumper. So Zach, I've ordered via that link you provided on eBay. We'll see if that does it.
  15. Alex Stokes

I shattered the whole nose assembly, don't believe that's gonna work. But thank you!
  16. Alex Stokes

Really? Let me cross check that part!
  17. Alex Stokes

Hi Guys, Not really a hot deal or a for sale. I've got a Porter Cable BN-125 Nail gun. I was putting some nails into a bed for repair and drove one into an old nail shattering the plastic nose piece. I took it over to our repair shop in Raleigh and they told me the replacement part is no...
  18. Alex Stokes

Worksharp bevel not square - Only idiots read manuals

It's funny, over the years, how often the answer has been in the manual that I didn't bother to read. Thanks Jeremy!
  19. Alex Stokes

Did you know we have a YouTube channel?

Pretty cool! Thanks Ron :)
  20. Alex Stokes

Push sticks for the shop

I've got several push sticks, but I picked these up on Amazon a few years ago and really like them. They make me feel like I have more control of the wood. They are multi adjustable and allow you to hold pieces on both sides of the blade as well as the router table. They're especially useful...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS