Search results

1. Kelly

Problems with carnauba wax

Do you use the paste? How do you apply it on the buffing wheel ?
  2. Kelly

Problems with carnauba wax

I generally use an oil and wax process on boxes. I use the Beall Buffing System. Lately I am noticing some problems with the finish, specifically, the wax seems to blemish. It seems that I read somewhere recently about problems with carnauba wax showing white spots. Can anyone elaborate ?
  3. Kelly

Speaking of SawStop

3hp on 230 here.Search SawStop on this forum and see a long thread about SawStop.
  4. Kelly

Small world coincidence.

This is a long story that I will try to cut short. For my entire career I worked for a board of 7 people. Each year at Christmas, for about 18 years, I made small boxes for each as a personal thank you. I always included a card thanking them for their support, the kind of wood it was, and “...
  5. Kelly

5 W'S - Who What Where When & Why

I am Kelly. I have been retired for 12 years, 26 year hobbyist. I make whatever comes to mind. Like a lot of others, my house is full of my favorite pieces. If I make something my wife likes, something else has to go, so I give it away to my family, with the promise that they will never let it...
  6. Kelly

2024 Raffle PRIZE List - UPDATED for 4/24

Wow. That is a great list . We should be thankful for our advertisers and sponsors. Now that I have mine, I think we should cut off ticket sales.
  7. Kelly

Hinges for boxes

"L
  8. Kelly

Hinges for boxes

If you are just starting with boxes, the hinges will be your greatest challenge. There are hundreds, no thousands, of hinges out there of different types, sizes and applications. Start with youtube, or invest in a good book on the subject. There are a lot of good books out there. Doug Stowe is...
  9. Kelly

Show me your router fence

I have an extra incra fence for a router table. I bought it on this forum but decided to go another route. I have all the accessories including right angle guide, book, etc. I paid $160 and that’s what I would take. You will not need rails. Just clamp the carrier board onto the table when you...
  10. Kelly

New near Reidsville

I am in Reidsville. I would be glad to help you in any way. Contact me when you have some time.
  11. Kelly

Source for Small Pieces of Veneer

If that doesn’t work, I have some maple and mahogany that size. Sorry for the slow response.
  12. Kelly

Incra Miter 5000 Crosscut sled with extra replacement panel $250 **SOLD**

I will take it if you can hang onto it until I can get up there, or pony express it.
  13. Kelly

How do I make this

Kerf bent
  14. Kelly

How do I make this

Check out kerf bending. You basically make small cuts on the under side in the area you need to bend. You will need to build a form the shape of the final project. Then glue is applied to a thin substrate underneath, and clamp it over the form. The biggest downside is the need to cover the edges...
  15. Kelly

White glue

Recently Veneer Systems sent me a gallon of white glue. I ordered a gallon of their veneer glue, which I have used for years. The jug was mislabeled. They told me to just keep it, but I don’t use the stuff. It is their regular old Woodworker’s white glue, just the wrong label. If anyone uses...
  16. Kelly

For Sale - Incra 5000

Let me know if the “pending “ doesn’t work out. I will take it.
  17. Kelly

Changing spindle sander drums

I have the Delta spindle sander. My major complaint is there is no spindle lock. It is very hard to get the spindle tight enough so that the sleeves do not move during sanding.
  18. Kelly

Puck lights

I have tried many brands of battery powered lights for inside display cabinets. So far, they all have left something to be desired. Some pieces just don’t look right with corded lights. I am looking for recommendation. Thanks
  19. Kelly

SawStop fence NIB SOLD

Glad you are home safely. Sorry about the fence, but I believe you can resale it if you want. I had several inquiries after you spoke for it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors