Search results

1. Chuck N

I Finally Jumped In

If using a router (Makita or DeWalt), instead of a spindle, runout on end mills can be substantial with standard router collets. I upgraded the collets and greatly reduced runout which greatly increased the quality of out. I wish I had known to take this step in the beginning. Take the time...
  2. Chuck N

10" Delta Miter Saw Repair - Model 36-075

I bought a Shapeoko Pro XXL the older technology belt drive, because I couldn't fit the new Shapeoko 5 pro into my shop. I'm very happy with my decision. The customer service from Carbide 3D (the manufacturer) is excellent. The free Carbide Create design software works well for a newbie and...
  3. Chuck N

I recently purchased a CNC and I'm busy climbing the learning curve. I've thought about acquiring a 3D printer as well. The Etsy store I bought the dust chute from has developed a number of accessories for tools such as the DeWalt lunchbox planer. With 3D printers and CNC's in the hands of...
  4. Chuck N

The dust collection chute directing sawdust from the blade to the collection bag at the back of my old Delta 10" Miter saw (Model 36-075) was made of a thin rubber material and after over 20 years of use finally disintegrated. The part is no longer available from Delta or other parts suppliers...
  5. Chuck N

Entry Level CNC

In the future you'll be able to think of a project while on vacation, the chip planted in your head will talk to an AI program that will send instructions to your CNC and the robot in your shop. When you arrive home the project will be fully executed, assembled, finished and ready for use.
  6. Chuck N

Entry Level CNC

There are many used Shapeoko machines on the market today as existing owners upgrade to the new Shapeoko 5 model. Check the Shapeoko Facebook groups daily as well as the Carbide 3D community. I bought a Shapeoko Pro new in November 2023. The learning curve is steep and I am now just getting...
  7. Chuck N

Looking to buy rough cut hardwood near New Bern, NC

Between Jacksonville and New Bern in Hubert is Worldwide Timber Corporation of NC, and importer of exotic woods. Beautiful Exotic Woods from World Timber Corp in Hubert NC Call ahead to visit.
  8. Chuck N

Hegner Scroll Saw Question Someone is selling for 300 bucks

Great price, particularly with the stand.
  9. Chuck N

Burial Urn for My Father

I just completed an urn for my father using the NC Woodworking plan. He was a career USMC helicopter pilot who began his career in Korea in the enlisted ranks as an infantryman and was promoted into the officer ranks. Went to flight school and was an early helicopter pilot. Earned Purple...
  10. IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

Urn constructed in March 2019 from NC Woodworker plan for my father Lt. Colonel Charles L. Nesbit a career Marine pilot. Earned purple hearts in Korea and Vietnam. Multiple Air Medals and other decorations. Pilot for Marine One under Presidents Eisenhower and Kennedy. Made of walnut and maple.
  11. IMG_2959.jpg

IMG_2959.jpg

Urn constructed in March 2019 from NC Woodworker plan for my father Lt. Colonel Charles L. Nesbit a career Marine pilot. Earned purple hearts in Korea and Vietnam. Multiple Air Medals and other decorations. Pilot for Marine One under Presidents Eisenhower and Kennedy. Made of walnut and maple.
  12. Chuck N

Yost Clamps

A 7" Yost rapid acting woodworking bench vise is one of the Amazon deals of the day today (2/13/2018). $62.26 with free prime shipping. Rates 4.6 out of 5 stars with 100 reviews. The 7" weighs 22 pounds. Reviews on the Amazon site say it is a bear to mount but purchasers seem very delighted...
  13. Chuck N

Dewalt Tough System Tool storage reviews, or alternatives

I'm intrigued by the Bosch boxes. It appears my Senco PC1010 small quiet compressor may fit perfectly inside the L-Boxx 4.
  14. Chuck N

Grizzly Sale - DeWalt 20" Scroll Saw $399

I received an email this morning from Grizzly. From September 25 to October 1 Grizzly is offering the Dewalt 20" Scroll saw with stand and light for $399.95, a savings of $200 off the "regular" price. Shipping is an additional $23.99. Model #H7414. I don't know if Grizzly charges tax on...
  15. Chuck N

Ductless Split

My shop is 23' x 32.5' (747 sq ft) in a basement with 9 foot ceilings. It is a daylight basement with one 32.5' wall exposed. That wall is 2x6 construction insulated with sheetrock on the interior and brick on the outside. The exterior door is insulated and the exterior window is double pane...
  16. Chuck N

Invitation to gallery opening

Unfortunately I cannot attend tonight but I did stop in Danbury yesterday to view the exhibit. Beautiful work. You have much to be proud of.
  17. Chuck N

Klingspor Festool demo

A couple of photos of the event.
  18. Chuck N

Woodworkng Books for sale at Reynolda Manor Branch Library in Winston-Salem

The Reynolda Manor branch library in Winston-Salem received a large donation of back issues of Fine Woodworking magazine, Woodsmith, Shopsmith, and a number of woodworking books. These publications are being sold by the Friends of the Library for prices ranging from 25 cents for magazines to...
  19. Chuck N

Gamble House

My wife and I visited the Gamble House during a recent trip to California. The house has been maintained close to its original early 1900's appearance. The craftmanship of the home and the furnishings is superb. Regardless of the behavior of the company today, in the early 20th century the...
  20. Chuck N

Looking to buy a bandsaw

Rikon 10-325 for sale on Craigslist. Located in Eden with extra blades: http://greensboro.craigslist.org/tls/5201674377.html Rikon 10-325 for sale on Craigslist. Located in New Bern: http://eastnc.craigslist.org/hvo/5223761362.html Powermatic 14" bandsaw with Carter guides on...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS