Search results

1. J

Chuck for Jet Lathe Model JWL-1221VS

I use a Nova G3 without an adapter (NOVA G3 DIRECT THREAD (NON-INSERT) CHUCK 1"x 8TPI REVERSIBLE (SKU 48232) - NOVA, a Teknatool Brand) on my Jet 1221.
  2. J

Large KD turning blanks? (12x12x4 or larger)

+1 on turningblanks.net. Delivery has always been fast. Looks like they have currently have a small selection of 12x4 KD.
  3. J

Ridgid R4512 Riving knife/splitter question

I have that saw as well, and yes, the knife lock is very stiff. When unlocking, I have to use a long piece of scrap for leverage.
  4. J

Coffee table

Thanks for posting. I learned something about bow ties from it.
  5. J

Black Walnut & Curly Maple Hall Table

I like the cardboard cutout to select your best grain pattern. What is the red substance on the tyvex in the fill box?
  6. Walnut End Table

Walnut End Table

Walnut End Table
  7. Walnut End Table

Walnut End Table

Walnut End Table
  8. Walnut End Table

Walnut End Table

Walnut End Table
  9. Walnut end table (front)

Walnut end table (front)

Walnut end table
  10. Walnut end table (angled view)

Walnut end table (angled view)

Walnut end table
  11. J

Nesting Tables

I also like the border a lot. One basic question: Is the top also attached with pocket screws from the legs? Or is there some other support required to prevent wobble/racking?
  12. J

Dealing with beetle damaged walnut

Just to complete this thread: I took all of the wood to Scott Smith at QuarterSawOak, who sterilized it in his kiln. He has a great setup, and was very helpful to this newbie woodworker. Jon
  13. J

Dealing with beetle damaged walnut

I have recently received about 200 lb-ft of rough walnut from my in-laws farm. Some of the wood was stored for years in an old barn, and has powder-post and old-house borer beetle exit holes. I don't have any immediate plans for the wood, but obviously I want this dealt with properly before I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS