Search results

1. J

Jet Clamps on Sale. Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UBKUJK/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
  2. J

What to do with barn wood.

I have been gifted many many hundreds of board feet of barn wood. It's from a barn that stood for over a century and it's the wood from the inside of the barn. The outside was poached by someone before the owners realized what was going on. Is it worth planing down or would it be better to leave...
  3. J

Moving and Building But in the mean time what do I do?

So we're moving to raleigh from durham and my current wood shop is in my garage. We've already moved into a tiny apartment while our house is being built, but what on earth am I supposed to do with my shop? Does anyone know of any spaces that rent out for a decent price? I'm just a hobbyist so...
  4. J

Walnut Crotch Slabs

I've come upon 3 4 inch thick walnut crotch slabs and as I was getting them surfaced realized that they were moist to the touch. Is there any way for me to find out how wet they are? They were given to me by a lady who had fell the tree 4 years ago and hadn't covered the wood. Each slab is about...
  5. J

Does anyone local to Durham have a 12x12 piece of 1/2" MDF I could purchase?

Working on my first humidor project and want to make sure I can do it successfully before purchasing a huge sheet of MDF. Anyone local have a piece I could buy off them? --Joe
  6. J

To deconstruct or not.

I currently have been using my garage as my wood shop for the past 5 months. It's alright, but it's pretty hot in the summer humidity and it's only a one car garage. Adjacent to the garage is my fully finished basement which I have cleaned out aside from a couple large items like a couch and...
  7. J

CNC Near Durham, NC

I'm needing a design carved on a piece of wood that is 40x60 inches. I was wondering if anyone in the area has a CNC machine and if so is that the best way to do this project? Hand carving would be out of the question because of time constraints and lack of ability.
  8. J

Looking to buy a RH cast iron extension wing for my unisaw?

Anyone know where I can find a right extension wing for a unisaw? Anyone around here have one for sale? --Joe
  9. J

Looking to build an extension table. What kind of material and where to buy it?

I'm still rebuilding this unisaw and I'm at the point where I have to build the extension table to the right of the blade. What kind of material should I use and what's a good resource to get it in the RDU area? I was thinking 3/4 birch ply or mdf? --Joe
  10. J

My new/old unisaw runs!

I recently bought a unisaw on craigslist for an awesome deal and have been taking the past couple weeks reconditioning it and yesterday I finally got to plug it in and start it up. Here's a video. http://www.youtube.com/embed/QBlErZOPxOo I'm not sure if it sounds normal as I've never owned...
  11. J

14/4 wire?

I've been to lowes and home depot and can't seem to find 14/4 wire. I just joined this site because I picked up a great deal off craigslist and have been refurbishing a Unisaw. I got down to rewiring and come to find that I CAN'T find 14/4 wire. Anyone have any laying around that would sell me...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS