Search results

1. CHESSSPY

Alan & Milissa ("Bobbin Boy") in Liberty NC for demos this Sunday

BOBBIN BOY (https://www.facebook.com/Bobbin-Boy-426941424134197/timeline/) will be at Rising Meadow Farm in Liberty, NC on Sunday, 27th September. - Alan will be discussing restoration, repair & conservation of antique and modern fiberarts equipment. - Milissa will be Great Wheel spinning &...
  2. CHESSSPY

PE from Raleigh -or- Oriental to Asheville by 9th May

Thanks Randy, I think the carder is in Raleigh ATM so we need to get it ultimately from Raleigh to west Asheville I'll pm our phone no if you think you can help. Many thanks Alan
  3. CHESSSPY

We need a blacksmith / metalworker for small batch production job

Ah yes thank you. The memory isn't what it once was. :confused:
  4. CHESSSPY

Alan & Milissa: working with wood again / new ventures

Well, see above, "I believe the women would be greatly interested in seeing Melissa spin wool, and the men would be greatly interested in your wheel turning demo" The only point I would bring up is that I haven't built a full size pole lathe yet. I like the spring lathe which is in another...
  5. CHESSSPY

I have asked Dean at Oak Hill to give me a quote.
  6. CHESSSPY

PE from Raleigh -or- Oriental to Asheville by 9th May

Anyone coming this way? A young lady has contacted us: she needs a drum carder moved across the state and it can meet here in Asheville with someone headed to Berea (where she is) on 9th May. If necessary it can be moved from Raleigh or Oriental to Mocksville then we could get it there. More...
  7. CHESSSPY

Hi Bruce, We accept with pleasure. Just update us nearer the time please. BTW we are demoing at the Horne Farm corn shucking festival on the 17 Oct at Pinnacle NC
  8. CHESSSPY

Sure Bruce, Do you want my (Alan's) wood turning demo to be wheel spindle specific? As Milissa is on a 'great wheel' mission and will demo spininng on one of these if thit is appropriate. I ask because we demoed drop spindle spinning at Klingspore recently with me making drop spindles to give...
  9. CHESSSPY

I'll get M. to take some pictures. She has a Saxony style flax/wool wheel, I know. Antique, from the historic district of Tulsa, Oklahoma. They aren't very expensive.
  10. CHESSSPY

Jeff, Does your wife want to spin or learn to spin? Milissa helps lots and lots of beginning spinners. And I can fix spinning wheels. :) We have some restored ones here, in fact, that need new homes. And so it begins...we went from 1 spinning wheel to 16 with shocking rapidity.
  11. CHESSSPY

I have never in all my life been called a ray of sunshine! Thanks! That makes my day. :) We are seeking to expand our regional presence through demos and education sessions, and so if any living history / woodworking / etc opportunities come up, please let us know. We are not really connected...
  12. CHESSSPY

We are working quite a lot with great wheels in our new business, and want to contract out the work for spindles. They look like this: We just need the metal part, and would make the pulleys ourselves. Also there is the possibility of making axles for flyer assemblies on flax & Canadian...
  13. CHESSSPY

Ignore User

lol!
  14. CHESSSPY

Hi, folks, After a year of same old, same old, we have taken on a new venture and are restoring / repairing / replicating spinning wheels & looms. This means we are doing interesting stuff again...it was a long year of chess repairs and tin whistles. :( Right now our main info feed is here...
  15. CHESSSPY

Klingspore Grand Opening - Asheville (Fletcher)

I thought the reindeer were pretty good. (for an old guy) :)
  16. CHESSSPY

As always, great fun! Would like to see pics!!!
  17. CHESSSPY

Hank, Give us a call and give us hours, if you will. 828-424-9797 Alan
  18. CHESSSPY

Hey, folks. We have been busy with metal and music, not wood, so a long absence but of no meaning. We were asked to demo at this and of course we will. As I told Hank, we like to demo for hours & hours, so you can just put us over in a corner & we will rattle & hum along. Any special demo...
  19. CHESSSPY

Chess set making demo at Klingspoor woodworking shop in Hickory

Thanks Josh, We hope to be making up a class later in the year.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS