Search results

1. T

A hasty desk for my better half

Look forward to seeing the final result. I was working with yellow pine today as well and love the smell.
  2. T

Need ideas for charity auction

beautiful!
  3. T

Thanks. it is for a Catholic school, so drinks flow pretty freely ;-). In fact they usually get some donations from a local wine merchant, so could put a couple full bottles in there to spice things up! thanks for the feedback. tim
  4. T

Haven't posted in a couple years, but sold my business and should have some more free time while the company that bought mine pays me for 'not sure yet' ;-). anyway, was asked to contribute a piece to the school auction and I still have some of the great quarter sawn maple from Southern...
  5. T

Waterlox loss

i fill up small mason jars after i buy a gallon, and typically use up the mason jar on the project i am working on (often more than one). that was the easiest way for me to avoid waste.
  6. T

A Finish For Walnut

I use Waterlox almost exclusively (shellac and water based poly when i want to do something quickly). When i open a new can I pour it all in small mason jars that are the size of one job. If i end up not using all of it and have some gel up, i haven't lost much.
  7. T

Grizzly spiral cutterheads on sale

yes. sorry. I meant inserts. I vow to never use after market cutterhead inserts again. I spent a few hundred extra dollars and a lot of time trying to save a little money. Started over with all new inserts and am getting good clean cuts for the first time in a long time. I need to take...
  8. T

Grizzly spiral cutterheads on sale

They are on sale right now for about 1/2 off for the 15" planer. I went cheap and got off brand cutterheads a couple of years ago and have been doing more sanding than I should. biting the bullet to replace them all with new Grizzly brand. lesson learned-i had read that using non original...
  9. FullSizeRender_1_

FullSizeRender_1_

10. T

Raleigh to Laurinburg NC 28352

i am in Fayetteville every Thursday so if nothing has happened by next Monday let me know and i will try to get the cabinet. Our office is right downtown Fayetteville.
  11. T

Pecan logs, are they worth having sawed for lumber?

Scott Smith had some pecan slabs that were beautiful. hard to work, but beautiful.
  12. T

Kidney shaped table-added curved legs and bottom shelf

Jeff, that wood is so pretty that i just want to plane it and show it off. the second shelf isn't going to get much attention but the grain is spectacular in it's own right.thank you for the opportunity to use it.
  13. T

Kidney shaped table-added curved legs and bottom shelf

I just couldn't reconcile my straight legs after posting pictures up here because i realize the legs just didn't correspond to the table top: So, i decided on a curved leg and ended up going with four legs instead of three as I wasn't sure how to add the bottom shelf with only 3 legs, or at...
  14. T

Finished-kidney shaped coffee table

crap. i thought i could rationalize that the thick, straight legs (which showed off the grain) presented a contrast to the roundedness of the table but couldn't quite get there. I tried to curve the existing legs and they became thinner, thinner, thinnner. So starting over on the legs. l liked...
  15. T

Powder Post Beetles

Thanks Scott. It is the thermometer I am a little concerned about but think it is ok. Having fun so will do further testing
  16. T

Thanks. 3 coats Waterlox sealer and 2 coats of Waterlox high gloss finish
  17. T

Thanks. yes, pre-drilled a significantly wider hole than needed which is why i have a washer with the screw. i think i gave it plenty of room-it is the same strategy i have used in the past without a problem.
  18. T

After posting about different ways to do this job, i ended up creating a big outline that i got printed at Kinkos and then cut a template out of 1/8 plywood. This project used Jeff's maple from Illinois and it is beautiful (if not easy to work-he was right that sanding was tough). It is the...
  19. T

Powder Post Beetles

a couple not very great pictures of the wood stack and then the insulation box. i still don't fully believe that it worked because it was too easy, mostly i don't completely trust the thermometer readings that i took. sorry for the dark pictures....

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS