Search results

1. MikeH

In need of used building supplies and possibly plumbing help

We are looking for used building materials and potential help if we need it. We're hoping that someone is remodeling and would be willing to donate some materials instead of just throwing them out. My Father in Law's house is in really bad shape but we can’t get him to move and he can’t really...
  2. MikeH

Anyone near Rockingham have a big drum sander?

I have a piece of 25" wide butcher block countertop that I need to have sanded. I'm hoping to find someone that has a drum sander that can handle it. We now live in Rockingham but I'm willing to drive to get this sanded. Otherwise I'm going to be sanding with an orbital sander which is not my...
  3. MikeH

Wanted - 12" or larger bandsaw

My Father-in-law lives in High Point and is looking for a 12" or bigger bandsaw. If you have one or know of one at a reasonable price please reach out to me. MikeH Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  4. MikeH

Productive snow day...

Had a productive snow day on Wednesday and finished this...... The plan was from Woodworking for Mere Mortals. It's not perfect, but I'm still happy with it and it's 100% functional.
  5. MikeH

Made a little sawdust before Christmas...

Several years ago my brothers and I milled some Oak and Black Walnut on my Dad's property in Northern Virginia. Most of it has been stickered, but I had a piece that I cut off the side of one of the hollow logs that we couldn't mill. It was a rotted section where a branch once grew and was a...
  6. MikeH

Nick Offerman & Amy Poehler to host ‘The Handmade Project’

This could be an interesting show. If you're not familiar with Nick Offerman he's definitely an interesting person, author and an accomplished woodworker. I've listened to all 3 of his books on Audible and he actually narrates his own books and he is entertaining for sure...
  7. MikeH

Anchorseal

Does anyone in Charlotte or better yet North Charlotte have any Anchorseal that I can use to seal the top and bottom of the log I'm putting my anvil on?
  8. MikeH

Need help identifying this log...

I picked this stump up over the weekend. The purpose was to hold my anvil as I like to dabble in metal work also. The anvil is 100lbs to give you an idea of the size of the stump. It is 24" tall and 21" across.
  9. MikeH

Delta 1460 wood lathe - Craigslist (Not mine)

This looks like this machine is in great shape. I'm thinking about buying it even though I don't need it. https://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/6062506477.html
  10. MikeH

3/8" steel plate for welding table

I'm looking to build a welding table for my "new to me" 3 in 1 Tweco welder and need to find a piece of 3/8" steel plate somewhere between 3'x3' and 3'x5'. I've checked pricing on new material and it is not cheap. I would welcome a nice used piece of steel as long as it's flat. If anyone has a...
  11. MikeH

Tool Gloat - Rikon 6"x48" Belt / 10" Disk Sander

My birthday was last weekend and I took advantage of the sale Woodcraft had going for the small Rikon 4"x36" belt/disk sander. They didn't have any in stock, but had several ordered so I went ahead and paid for it so I could get the sale price of $119.99. I got a call yesterday from Dennis at...
  12. MikeH

In need of jointer or belt sander...

I am building a mandolin and need to smooth the pegboard end of the neck where it is a little rough from when it was cut to shape with my bandsaw. Are there any NCWW's on the North side of Charlotte? If so, would you allow me to come by and smooth the pegboard? Thanks, Mike
  13. MikeH

Treecycle America - TreeID

A friend of mine in Charlotte has come up with a great idea for utilizing urban trees that are cut down for whatever reason. If this can catch on it will save so many trees from going to landfills. https://treecycleamerica.market/treeid.html Thanks, Mike
  14. MikeH

Job search help...

I wanted to reach out and ask for help from my NCWW family. I have not been as active this past year or two as I have in the past. Members that have been around a while know who I am and there are many that don't know me. I am in the job market as of last Friday. Things just didn't work out the...
  15. MikeH

I've been selected as a "Maker" on Custommade.com

About a year ago I decided to sign up to become a maker on www.custommade.com. I had all but forgotten about it until last week when I received the email saying that I had been selected as a "Maker". I'm really excited and nervous about the opportunity and exposure. I will give updates after...
  16. MikeH

North Charlotte Saturday Breakfast?

Is anyone interested in a North Charlotte Saturday breakfast in the next couple weeks? I've created a poll for everyone to vote. Please vote for any dates that you are available.
  17. MikeH

Does anyone remember Eagle?

After making several pens including the Flame pen I had to take a minute and think about Eagle. He was a rare breed and I still miss his input to pen turning. Does anyone else remember Eagle?
  18. MikeH

Where is DaveO?

Does anyone know where DaveO went? Is he ok? Is he still in Raleigh?
  19. MikeH

Flame pen done!

I finished the flame pen tonight. The kit and pen kit are both from Woodturningz and it turned out great!
  20. MikeH

Easy way to rough up pen barrels

I just came up with a great idea to rough up pen barrels in a matter of seconds. I'm not sure if this is an original idea, but it is original to me. This is one of my first videos so I stumbled on my words a couple times. I also need to give credit to my daughter Kat for being the videographer...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS