Search results

1. Jimbo

DONE. WTB: Dovetail Saw

I have the Veritas available as well if that's how you want to go. Jim
  2. Jimbo

FS - Veritas bevel up Jack Rabbet Plane

Verfitas Jack Rabbet plane in mint condition, O1 steel blade, includes fence. Only selling to free up space, Specs can be found here: Veritas Bevel-Up Jack Rabbet Plane - Lee Valley Tools Located in Banner Elk, NC, can ship. New $357 plus tax/shipping, ask $240 obo plus actual shipping. Thanks...
  3. Jimbo

For Sale: Jointmaker Pro with precision fence - price drop now $600

Bumping up again for further price drop.
  4. Jimbo

Just bumping this up to reflect price drop...
  5. Jimbo

Need the space, so putting this up for sale. Pretty much perfect condition, mounted on shopmade stand. Bridge City lists these as on sale about all the time, so I'm listing current prices. JMPv2 ($735), Precision Fence System ($485), 4 unused crosscut replacement blades (~$200), total $1420...
  6. Jimbo

Bandsaw Fence Adjustment Question

I just went through this myself recently. I found this video laying out pop-pop's approach and found it very helpful: bandsaw resaw drifting fix - Yahoo Video Search Results - it's the Fine Woodworking one by Michael Fortune. Saw is tracking well at the moment. Jim
  7. Jimbo

Laguna Tools LT18 18” Bandsaw - $950 (Winston-Salem) GONE

Sometimes I really wish I still lived in Winston... and had my old, bigger shop... and 220... Oh well.
  8. Jimbo

Delta 8” Jointer - $650 - Foscoe, NC

This is now priced at $550... Not mine, etc.
  9. Jimbo

For Sale - SawStop 3 HP Pro 36" with 32" Incra fence - sold

Wow, I guess I underpriced this! But happy for it to go to a good home. Speaking of which, I'm holding it for a member until Tuesday; if the deal falls through I will let everyone know. Thanks for all the responses! Jim
  10. Jimbo

Well, admitting you have a problem is the first step!
  11. Jimbo

For sale - Old Iron 14" Delta Bandsaw with riser block - sold

Downsizing, moving towards small shop/hand tool future. Looking to move my venerable 80's Delta saw (my first machine). I changed the original motor to a 1 HP model from Woodtek, and over the years have added a Kreg fence , the riser block, a mobile base and ceramic guide blocks. It runs and...
  12. Jimbo

Thanks to Bill Brown and serendipity, we got it loaded and it's on its way to Maine! Downsizing, so looking to move my table saw. Runs perfectly, factory setup was great and I haven't messed with it. About 10 years old, kept in climate controlled shop. As above, currently fitted with 32" Incra...
  13. Jimbo

For Sale: Big Dog router table - price drop

In early stage of downsizing, so looking to move some items. Big Dog router table with heavy duty fence. Included is a Ridgid router already mounted in fixed base (easy adjustment through table), as well as an additional plunge base; nice safety switch. Asking $175 or best offer- pick up or...
  14. Jimbo

For sale: rbi 226 VS scroll saw - sold

In early stage of downsizing, so looking to move some items. Saw is in excellent condition - has seen very little use in my shop (no aptitude as a scroller); there is some paint splatter from a previous owner. Foot switch, extra blades and blade holders included. Pick up or PE Winston-Salem...
  15. Jimbo

For sale: Performax 22-44 plus Thickness Sander - sold

In early stages of downsizing, so looking to move out some items. Sander works well, no issues. Extra pre-cut sandpaper included. Asking $450; pick up or PE in Winston-Salem. Jim O'Brien
  16. Jimbo

Table Saw Journey

I made the same calculation as a pediatric cardiac anesthesiologist! The safety feature alone sold me, but I've never felt that there was any trade-off in quality - it's a great machine. No issues related to temperature, either, btw...
  17. Jimbo

An interesting beech tree

"Flame birch is amazing!" --Bill I spent several months in New Hampshire being the nanny to my infant granddaughter, and looked for wood scores on my off days. Somewhere in the wilds of southern Vermont there was a third generation sawyer where I got the birch in the picture. He told me that...
  18. Jimbo

Jefferson book stand

I made two of these a few years back, with the intention of having one be gift worthy. My daughter was graduating from the University of Virginia and so I was following the little known rule that gifts must have a Jeffersonian theme... I used 8/4 mahogany and bookmatched all the panels; also...
  19. Jimbo

Phenolic saw plates cheap!

Hi, I'd like to be in for 4 for Sawstop Pro 3 HP. PE to Winston -Salem or happy to pay for shipping. If the response has overwhelmed to system I'm OK to wait for a second wave. Thanks, Jim

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors