Search results

1. rex1927

Anyone cutting lumber within an hours drive of Myrtle Beach S.C.

Still Looking for cedar or cypress lumber. Thanks
  2. rex1927

No sawmills here at all. At least I can`t find any. There was one in Conway,but it closed. I like eastern red because it looks great varnished. Found a guy in Whiteville that had 3000 board feet,but someone bought it all at once. His ad is still up,but he said lumber was sold.I only need 50...
  3. rex1927

Need to find sawmill as close to myrtle beach as possible. Could use pine,but eastern red cedar would be better. Need Rough Cut Pine 2X6X8 Or Rough Cut Eastern Red Cedar 1X6X8 Anyone know of sawmill down my way? Thanks
  4. rex1927

Cypress or red cedar

Is saw4you still cutting ? I see he has not been on site lately Great guy.:thumbs_up I bought 2 shipments of lumber from him a couple years ago.
  5. rex1927

Need Eastern Red Cedar Supplier-Rough cut 1X6X8

Do any members on here still cut and ship eastern red cedar ?
  6. rex1927

Looks like I may have to get lumber shipped in like last time. No luck finding it here on SC coast.Plenty of oak and tons of pine,but no Eastern Red Cedar.
  7. rex1927

I will keep looking.Everything seems to be way upstate. Back in 2011 I got 80 boards from saw4you on here. Great guy,great service and nice lumber. Only have a few hundred to spend now so I am in a bind. I will keep searching conway and georgetown areas a few more weeks before giving up on local...
  8. rex1927

Thanks,ScottM Tried ads in myrtle beach,florence and charleston. I guess nobody cuts lumber down my way.Bummer. I have not been to wilmington since 1992,but I may have to go up there.Thats a long ways with no AC.
  9. rex1927

I am in myrtle beach S.C. area Does anyone know of a person cutting Eastern Red Cedar down my way? We need 50 rough cut 1X6X8 boards. Prefer freshly sawed boards that I can stack and dry straight myself. But will buy dry boards if they are straight.I cannot use warped lumber. Thanks
  10. Latest woodie body as finished car with photoshop

Latest woodie body as finished car with photoshop

Latest Woodie Body built this summer.I am going to build one more woodie(a hardtop)next summer for my own use ,and as advertisement for boat repair business ,then the woodie venture is over.
  11. rex1927

Stainless steel screws

I can tell you who used to sell terrible screws.It was boaters world.We needed some #8 2 inch flat head screws quick one day and went there.Nearly half of them broke the head off before pulling tight.And on Boat repair we always bore Pilot holes to make sure things pull together tight. The...
  12. rex1927

Direct Tools Sale

That is a great deal on a planer!Thanks for posting
  13. rex1927

Where to buy very fine Scotch-Brite pads

We use the red ones for marine varnishing.My late father always insisted sanding between every coat with sandpaper.When my older brother took over,he says build up layers using scotchbrite between coats,then sand last couple coats smooth with sandpaper. Both methods seem to work fine.Guess it...
  14. rex1927

Update: CPSC Opens Comment period on Tablesaw Safety ANPRM

Re: CPSC Opens Comment period on Tablesaw Safety ANPRM :thumbs_upI posted and asked that they be left as is. Come on everyone, post a comment on that site. Maybe we can help prevent a disaster. thanks,rex
  15. rex1927

1.5 Millon tablesaw cut.

My late father used table saws from 1937-2010 and never got more than a nick.I have used them since I was old enough to reach across table. Dad learned me how to use it so fingers would not get cut.Also use push sticks. We never use safety guards,they just get in way and cause bad cuts.When we...
  16. rex1927

Any Homemade Tools?

HI Everyone,I am new here.If this post is in wrong section please let me know. I was wondering if anyone else has any homemade tools their relatives left them or you made yourself? I am always looking for new ideas. I have a wooden tablesaw my late father made before I was born. I helped him use...
  17. rex1927

Great Stuff Tip

That is a great idea.:thumbs_up thanks
  18. rex1927

50 cal pen commision

Nice Job!
  19. rex1927

Eliminating mildew in old heart pine

I would use them and not worry about it.That smell will go away .Thanks,rex

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS