Search results

1. J

Candle Box

I have to admit that there were more than a couple gaps when I was done cutting them that I needed to fix after the glue up. Filling the gaps on the sides of the tails wasn't so bad. I cut some thin wedges with a chisel to fit the gaps, glued them in and planed them flush. The tricky part on...
  2. J

Candle Box

Mark: I used a 5 1/2 PPI rip saw. I did not use a kerfing saw. I just scribed a line on all 4 edges. I started much the way you would start a tenon. Saw on both corners and then in the middle. I periodically flipped the board around to counter any drift. When I worked straight through without...
  3. J

Candle Box

Yes, this was a 100% hand tool project. No electrons were harmed.
  4. J

Candle Box

I had a slab of 8/4 mahogany left over from a bar project and had a friends wedding plus my wedding anniversary to make gifts for. I chose to make a somewhat traditional candle box. I added a flame maple sliding lid to liven things up a bit. There were a few firsts for me with this project...
  5. J

Can't Beat Thomas

I took a shot at the Book Box from the Joiner and Cabinet Maker. I believe Thomas had 6 hours to complete this project. I wasn't even close. It was an interesting project with lots and lots of clenched nails. Also, the idea of marking square on the bottom boards and nailing the sides on before...
  6. Candle Box Project

Candle Box Project

7. Candle Box Project

Candle Box Project

8. Candle Box Project

Candle Box Project

9. Candle Box Project

Candle Box Project

10. Candle Box Project

Candle Box Project

11. Candle Box Project

Candle Box Project