Search results

1. Tim Sherwood

Ash Dowels, Danish Cord, and Lineberry Carts

It was good to meet you today Wyatt. The timing for our meet went very smoothly. The cart was just what my daughter is looking for. Now all I need is for her to decide what she wants it to look like , as a coffee table.
  2. Tim Sherwood

Ash Dowels, Danish Cord, and Lineberry Carts

I would like one of the carts please. I sent you a PM.
  3. Tim Sherwood

Let's do LUNCH in Greensboro

I 'm planning being there.
  4. Tim Sherwood

New sprayer advice needed

Job done. I finished spraying the second top coat yesterday. The finish leveled out great. I'm impressed with this Fuji 3 system. It would certainly handle all my needs. For personal preference, I would choose the top center mounted gun. Now I have to figure out if I want to spend three times...
  5. Tim Sherwood

Yes this has the whip . It's still awkward.
  6. Tim Sherwood

Good info Chris. This Fuji gun has the small cup . It allows plenty of coverage. This gun has the cup mounted to the side instead of on top. I don't care for that. It's unbalanced and puts a little strain on your wrist and thumb.
  7. Tim Sherwood

Chris do you sand between every coat of the Hi-performance? I usually do not. So far , no problems.
  8. Tim Sherwood

Thanks for the lead on the tips. Unfortunately my guns were made by Accuspray long before 3m bought the name. They are a completely different design.
  9. Tim Sherwood

Thanks to the generosity of another NCWW member, I have the loan of a fuji-3 to play with. I just started this morning. I'm spraying GF Hi-performance water based poly. I had already thinned it 10% to use with my old HVLP gun. The Fuji is handling it beautifully. I'll report back when I have...
  10. Tim Sherwood

She doesn’t like power tools…

Nice work Pam. You too MIke.
  11. Tim Sherwood

Thanks Dirk. It's good to know either gun will work with my compressor.
  12. Tim Sherwood

My Campbell H , 60 gal compressor claims 7 hp and 10 cfm at 90lbs. I think that's optimistic. How would I convert that to cfm at25-30 psi? Will it run the devilbiss?
  13. Tim Sherwood

I have already purchased my FIRST batch of raffle tickets! If I wasn't in the middle of finishing a set of kitchen cabinets I might wait for this one.
  14. Tim Sherwood

A lot of great advice guys. If I stay with my compressor and a gun, I am looking for a decent mid price unit. The Devilbis finishline 4 was recommended by one of our members a coulple years ago. I think that is their FLG 670. Any experience with that gun?
  15. Tim Sherwood

Wilsoncb that is a very generous offer. I would love to try your Fuji-3. That's the unit I would be likely to chose, if I go for a turbine. Please PM your address and a convenient time that I could drop by.
  16. Tim Sherwood

I do not have a safe spray booth. So I am usually using shellac or water based poly. Does anyone have a specific hvlp conversion gun they recommend?
  17. Tim Sherwood

Needle tips are no longer available for my Accuspray HVLP conversion guns. So I am free to explore all the new , or used, options. What are your ideas on spraying systems? Should I get a new conversion gun to go with my 60 gal.compressor or replace the whole set up with a turbine set up?
  18. Tim Sherwood

old spray gun parts needed

Thanks for the tip Tach. Welcome to NCWW. Randy suggested I try S-Williams repair department. I'll follow the bread crumbs.
  19. Tim Sherwood

Finishing/ sealing ROUGH sawn cedar

I've used a brass brush to remove some of the loose fibers. Then a rattle can of spray might give you an easy finish.
  20. Tim Sherwood

old spray gun parts needed

Thanks Art. Their web doesn't show any old style parts, but I'll give them a call.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors