Search results

1. DanR

First project in the new shop

Moving is never fun, but setting up the new shop is exciting. Yesterday was my brother in laws birthday and my wife and I framed a puzzle that he put together for him. I bought some hard maple from a local mill and processed it, then built the Fine Woodworking framing jig and made this:
  2. DanR

Getting some wood kiln dried

Hi Folks, Does anyone know of a place where I could get some thick (2 - 6 inch thick) slabs of white oak and hemlock dried? We had to take down some trees in the yard and I have some slabs that I need for a mantle and banisters. The wood is between Boone and Wilkesboro, but I drive back and...
  3. DanR

LED worklight $20 at Lowes

Lowe's has a 1500 lumen worklight for $20 on sale. I just bought a couple. Very bright, about the equivalent of two 100 watt floods each I think...
  4. DanR

25% off and free shipping at Enco today only (Nov 30th)

use-enco.com CYBER gives 25% off MONDAY gives free shipping Use both codes together. No restrictions. Ends at 11:00 PM tonight.
  5. DanR

Do you have any leftover 6" pipe or fittings for dust collection?

Hi Folks, I am replacing 4 inch pipe with 6 inch for my dust collector. If anyone needs some 4 inch wyes etc., I will have some available in a week. If anyone has leftover 6 inch stuff (wyes, 45's, flex hose, PVC pipe, long 90's) please let me know what you have and price.
  6. DanR

Anti fatigue mats

Tractor supply has their 4 X 6 horse stall mats on sale for $39. These are 3/4 inch thick. I don't know how much they weigh, but the store clerk and I were huffing after moving four of them (one at a time) into my truck. Similar mats are $100 each at uline.
  7. DanR

Double discount at Enco: September 17th only. No min purchase

Enter Both Codes: SAVE20 and UPS20 | Offer Valid Until 9/17/15 at 11pm ET. No min purchase.
  8. DanR

Enco 25% discount for March 17th only

use-enco.com code: LUCKY25 Or if your order is over $29, then free shipping with code 29MARS (cannot combine with the 25% discount)
  9. DanR

Enco free shipping

Only until Thursday the 27th. Code thanks gets free shipping, no minimum purchase. I am ordering some high speed steel rods to make small turning tools. Part number 383-7015
  10. DanR

20% off and free shipping fron Enco

Today only: Use code CYBER on the cart and then code MONDAY The deal is one day only, today use-enco.com
  11. DanR

Enco one day deal (Jan 14th)

Log on to http://www.use-enco.com and enter both promo codes 2TUPS and 2TDIS for an Additional 20% off ALL Orders + Free UPS Ground Shipping! No minimum order required! No product exclusions! Hurry! Offer ends Tuesday, 1/14/14 at 11:00pm ET The 20% off is even on top of the web discount prices...
  12. DanR

50% off Crown turning tools

Got this in an email today from the Greensboro Woodcraft: 50% Off on Crown Turning Tools Right now only at the Greensboro location, Crown Turning tools are on sale at 50% off. This is a great time to add some high quality tools to your shop. All Crown Turning Tools will be on sale at...
  13. DanR

25% off at Enco

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRHM code 25SALE For free shipping there is another code, which you should see when you open the web page, but in case you don't it is JUNUPS (free over $99) I just placed an order with them over the weekend, so I will not get the 25% off :(
  14. DanR

oiling and orientation of a motor with sleeve bearings

Hi Folks, I am using a 1/2 HP motor to spin a buffing pad. The motor came off an old Delta bandsaw. It is a: Delta 62-138, 1/2 H.P., sleeve bearing, split phase, 1725 RPM, 115 Volt with remote control It has sleeve bearings, and above each bearing is a small plastic yellow cap with the word...
  15. DanR

Free shipping from Woodworker Supply until November 30th.

I generally drive over to Graham, but free shipping means more gas in my tank. Only until November 30th.
  16. DanR

Opinion on drum sander brands

Hi Folks, I am considering buying a drum sander. I have seen a couple of reviews of the Supermax 19-38 ( http://www.supermaxtools.com/documents/19-38Drumbrochurewithcompare.pdf ) sander, and it sounds like it might be better made (or maybe just double the weight!) than the Jet 16-32. Does...
  17. DanR

Wheels for a console table

Hi Folks, My wife wants a table on wheels for under the TV. These are the ones she wants: I can find something similar at Grainger or Harbor Freight, but these are much more open looking. Thanks,
  18. DanR

Looking for a wide idler pulley for stroke sander

Hi Folks, I am looking for an idler pulley for a six inch wide sanding belt. the top middle wheel in this picture is missing: I bought this stroke sander on Sunday and when I put it together found that the belt is loose. I found the original plans (and this picture) in Fine Woodworking...
  19. DanR

New (to me) table saw fence

A few months ago Mike Camp gave me an old Jet-Lock fence (like the fence off of a pre-Biesemeyer unisaw). This past week I needed to rip a tabletop at 25", and my old fence was limited to about 16", so I popped it on. Since that one cut I decided to take it apart and replace the bushing so it...
  20. DanR

motor sheave / pulley

Hi Folks, I am looking for a 4.45" OD machined/balanced 5/8" bore motor pulley. Does anyone have an extra, or know where in the Triangle to buy one? Online I see them, but I am not sure what I am looking at. The ones I see are marked FHP or Fractional Horse Power. Does this mean they are...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS