Search results

1. BWhitney

What is it ?

It looks similar to a piece of Bradbury Pear that I tried to work with. Screws would break, even with pilot holes.
  2. BWhitney

Taylor Tool Works Sharpening System

I don't have any experience with the Taylor Tools (Taytools) system but I do own the Work Sharp 3000. I was just on their website and wow!, what a change. Way back when (prior to 2014) when I bought mine, they had a couple of accessories that are no longer listed which made the system very...
  3. BWhitney

Woodriver 6-piece Bench Chisel Set $69.99 at Woodcraft ENDED

I'll have a set of 8 at the picnic for half that price. Yes, they are used.
  4. BWhitney

Dovetail Jig?

'60s era Craftsman pictures. Fingers and slots are 7/16 inch. Craftsman used a special bushing to follow the slots.
  5. BWhitney

Dovetail Jig?

I'll go along with Mike. That is an old one. It looks verrrry similar to my '60s era jig from Sears Craftsman.
  6. BWhitney

2024 Picnic and Down sizing

Scott, I don't have any family heirlooms since my Dad wasn't a wood worker. A couple of my brothers were, but I inherited none of their tools. I've given a few tools to my son and the rest that are left when I'm gone will be his to decide their fate. Maybe some of what I have accumulated will...
  7. BWhitney

2024 Picnic and Down sizing

Sorry for me but maybe good for you. I'm downsizing the amount of tools that I have accumulated to make more room in the shop. I have drastically cut back on the amount of 'play time' and now it is time to cut back on the amount of tools. This is what I know that I am going to bring for sure...
  8. BWhitney

Dust collection recommendation for Dewalt 735X planer

I do my planing outside but hook up to a ShopVac model 90 through a 2 ½ inch collector line. The collector line is a discontinued ShopVac system but it is attached to the Shopvac through a Dust Deputy cyclone dust collector. The only problem is that the dust collector is in the shop and if I...
  9. BWhitney

2023 NCWW Picnic May 20th

I plan to attend and I did use the vote app at the top of this page. Now I just need to add a few raffle tickets before I get there to keep company with the ones that I'll buy there.
  10. BWhitney

Well, it was worth a try

Scott, IMHO, you've already got the holes drilled so try just moving your handle closer to the shoe so when you push down you are not also pushing out. I kind of like what you have done and may try something similar when I get back in the shop.
  11. BWhitney

Craftsman 6⅛" Jointer/Planer.

Free is GOOD! And this looks to be a good worker once you get it refurbished. Good Luck and keep us up to date once in while.
  12. BWhitney

My dad's router

I also have two, but only one collet and collet nut. I bought one back in the '60's and FIL gave me the second. I agree with the ergonomics and love the switch on the handle.
  13. BWhitney

Drafting program

If you find something let us all know. I've been trying stuff for a looong time and hadn't/haven't found any thing like Sketchup. I do use Sketchup 2017 which doesn't have all the bells and whistle but isn't costing me an arm and leg. Now if I could only learn to build the plan as well as plan...
  14. BWhitney

Desk finished and delivered

I fer darn sure never made a desk that pretty. And I only lost part of one finger building a lectern (well actually a little bit of two more), but it sure plays hob with my touch typing.
  15. BWhitney

Sold a wood burning

I can see that price to a friend, but I have to agree that four to five times that for retail.
  16. BWhitney

Sold a wood burning

Now that is all of the accolades above. Wow, just WOW!
  17. BWhitney

Construction lumber costs

It is not just lumber. It has been a couple of years, but the last plastic hardware cloth that I bought was ca. $18.00 for 3' x 15' roll. Today. $38.00.
  18. BWhitney

Jointers

I'll vouch for that. DAMHIK or I will post the pics.
  19. BWhitney

New guy from Fayetteville

Another one from Fayetteville here. Thanks for post about Ballash. I've been her 'forever' and for some reason didn't know anything about them. A visit is in my near future.
  20. BWhitney

Complete Woodshop (woodworking/metal working equipment) - $27,000 (Linden) GONE

Now if a house and some land came with it . . .

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS