Search results

1. Dovetail Wenge and Ambrosia Maple Bowl

Dovetail Wenge and Ambrosia Maple Bowl

2. Scroll Saw Bowls TNScrollSawRich

Scroll Saw Bowls TNScrollSawRich

3. Dovetail Wenge & Ambrosia Maple Bowl

Dovetail Wenge & Ambrosia Maple Bowl

This bowl was made by cutting a sliding dovetail in two flat pieces of wood, gluing them together and cutting them with a scroll saw. There are eight segmented stacks that were cut, glued and sanded.
  4. Fish Form Bowl

Fish Form Bowl

This bowl was made using a scroll saw to cut segments, glue, sand and finish them. The design is my own free-hand drawing on a piece of poplar. After cutting a segment, I used that to get the outline of the next segment. Sanding on this bowl was tricky and took a lot of time.
  5. Flared Aspen Bowl

Flared Aspen Bowl

This bowl is made from Aspen using a scroll saw. The flare design required making a double cut at two different angles with the scroll saw. I used geometry to get the angle I wanted.
  6. Aspen & Tigerwood Bowl

Aspen & Tigerwood Bowl

This bowl was made from Aspen and Tigerwood. This unusual design was created by cutting and gluing a wedge of Tigerwood to Aspen. You can see the 'eye of the Tiger' (I think a knot) in the base. I cut this using a scroll saw. There are five segments to this bowl.
  7. Cherry & Wenge Bowl made with a Scroll Saw- 14" diameter

Cherry & Wenge Bowl made with a Scroll Saw- 14" diameter

This bowl was made from Cherry and Wenge. The top diameter is 14". There are nine strips that were glued together to get this swag pattern. Seven stacked segments were cut using a scroll saw, glued, sanded and finished.
  8. Dovetail Wenge & Ambrosia Maple Bowl

Dovetail Wenge & Ambrosia Maple Bowl

This bowl was made by cutting a sliding dovetail in two flat pieces of wood, glueing them together and cutting them with a scroll saw. There are eight segmented stacks that were cut, glued and sanded.
  9. Bubinga & Wenge Salad Bowl Set

Bubinga & Wenge Salad Bowl Set

This is made from flat stock bubinga and wenge, glued and cut with a scroll saw. I design my own patterns. The main bowl is 12" in diamter and the salad bowls are 8" in diameter.
  10. T

Segmented Turnings - First and Last

Truely amazing. I am new to turning and I hope someday I can turn something like this.:icon_thum
  11. T

Woodturning Tools

Thanks for the input. I do have a grinder and bought the Wolverine jig to grind them. I know how to grind them. I don't know much about the Doug Thompson tools (other than I know a Doug Thompson in Rhode Island). I'll practice and play with them. I have some green red cedar and oak that I...
  12. T

Woodturning Tools

yes, I bought the Wolvering jig for my grinder. I understand how to grind them.
  13. T

Woodturning Tools

I recently bought a Grizzly G1076 14" lathe. It came with a set of Marples tools. Can anyone tell me if this is a good beginners set of tools? There are 8 tools in the set - 3 gouges, 2 skews, 1 scraper, 2 parting tools. Any suggestions on a good book or DVD to buy to study on technique...
  14. Scroll Saw Bowls

Scroll Saw Bowls

Cloverleaf shaped bowl made of Poplar
  15. Scroll Saw Bowls

Scroll Saw Bowls

Fish shaped bowl made of Poplar
  16. Scroll Saw Bowls

Scroll Saw Bowls

Walnut hexagonal bowl
  17. Scroll Saw Bowls

Scroll Saw Bowls

Aspen and Oak vase