Search results

1. D

Raleigh area to Virginia Beach

Found a truck bed extender for my fishing kayak on marketplace. Looking for possible assistance to get from Raleigh area to Virginia Beach. Thanks, Tim
  2. D

Making my own carbide turning tools

Just ordered my cutters from AZCarbide and have a question on ordering square stock for the tools: What type of steel do I order? Oil Hardened, Air hardened, Pre-hardened, Low Carbon, D2 or S-7? Thanks,:dontknow:
  3. D

WOOD STORAGE BUILDING vs SHIPPING CONTAINER

I had planned on building onto my shop with another building for wood storage until the other day. . . I met another woodworker who uses a 20 foot shipping container for his dry storage and is wanting to sell the container and get a 40 foot one. Anyway the container already has built in racks...
  4. D

Already grew out of shop size. Need building for wood storage

I received a call from a neighbor recently that she had 3 large black walnut trees cut down on her horse farm. She informed me that if I wanted the wood to come and get it because she was going to burn it next week. After 4 days of continual sweat and work I believe I have a life time of...
  5. D

Wood shed construction questions. . .

I want to put up a wood storage area next to the shop. . . Do I build onto the existing shop? Do I purchase a 20 foot container? Or other ideas. . . Please provide pros and cons of each. I also plan on putting my DC and Air Comp in the storage area and pipe into through the shop walls. for...
  6. D

Keeping me out of the shop

I have been traveling alot for Uncle Sam this summer and when home on the weekends; I built my 40' deck this August/Sept. I took leave this week to finish the deck and spent Thurs and Fri staining the deck and then felt the first rains of Sandy. My prayers are with all of you as this storm hits...
  7. D

Not mine - hegner scroll saw

Hegner Scroll Saw w/assortment of blades - $550 (Newport News)Date: 2012-09-20, 6:08AM EDT Reply to this post Reply to: bzb7h-3283945083@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] HEGNER Multimax 18V Variable Speed 18" Precision Scroll Saw Top of the line scroll saw. Excellent...
  8. D

CL Powermatic Model 90 $75 NOT MINE

Powermatic Lathes - $75 (Norfolk, VA)Date: 2012-09-06, 11:23AM EDT Reply to: see below We are Norva plastics, a plastics fabrication shop in downtown Norfolk. We have several Powermatic 90 wood lathes at $75 a per lathe. The lathes are 3 phase 220v power and have no tail stock nor tool rest...
  9. D

Adopted finished tabesaw and router jigs. Now what??

I just adopted (friend shutting down his shop) a large assortment of finished jigs. Problem is the mitre bars do match my mitre slots; however, the kerf slot does not match the blade positioning. Can I simply remove the mitre bars and reposition them; or will I have to start from scratch...
  10. D

Lumber storage

I am looking at storing my lumber vertically. I read most of the threads on the subject and have one question. . . What is the nominal length to store? If I have a 16 foot piece of oak flooring or molding or a 12 foot plus piece of rough sawn lumber; should I cut them into 8 foot sections or...
  11. D

DUPONT6480 Workshop Layout

OK. I have moved my equipment around four times in the last 2 months . . . Last night; I think I arrived at a workable solution but request your sage and professional advice/recommendations. I realize this process will never be completed; but would like to start making projects and quit...
  12. D

Requesting your expert advice yet again. Shop layout . . .

Since last writing, Uncle Sam has kept me on the road. In between the trips, I have tried to spend time in my shop and organize the equipment for efficient workflow while finding a home for everything in my 16' x 40' workshop. Garage door centered on one end and a man door on the other (off to...
  13. D

Dust Deputy or VORTEX???

Looking to augment my shopvac for cleanups. . . . what are the pros and cons between the two advertised capabilites? Rockler is having a sell on the VORTEX but the dust deputy would take up less room. Is one better than the other? Thanks, Tim
  14. D

GREAT DEAL ON CL for DEWALT 735 PLANER - NOT MINE

13" Planer, Dewalt DW 735 - $250 (Williamsburg)Date: 2012-03-20, 11:32AM EDT Reply to: 7fsvm-2912191960@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] This heavy duty Dewalt planer is like new. Includes stand and extention outfeed table. Manual. 110V. New knives. Location: Williamsburg...
  15. D

Do I really need a Sliding Compound Mitre Saw in my shop

Before building my shop, I already owned a Dewalt Compound Mitre Saw (not sliding). Since building the shop, I have received a FESTOOL 75 Plunge Saw and a BOSCH Sliding Compound Mitre Saw. This weekend when drawing up plans for a Mitre saw workstation; I was faced with the reality of the...
  16. D

40 year old Pecan

A very good friend gave me approx 300 bdft of pecan today. The wood is rough sawn and is 40 years old. Most of the boards are 8 - 10 feet long and approx 12 inches wide. Do I need to treat this wood for bugs etc since it has been sitting is a barn? Is Pecan a good board to work with for...
  17. D

Need of lumber storage rack (mobile)

I was lucky to be around Saturday when a local cabinet shop was closing down and planning for a big equipment sale. Besides some great deals on some needed equipment; he gave me access (free) to a lot of cabinet grade plywood, oak molding, and some nice rough oak planks. Once I got them in my...
  18. D

AFS location

Research and talking to other woodworker's reveals the best location for the AFS is: On a long wall in the shop about 1/3 the length. My shop is only 16' wide and 40' long. Any problem hanging it at the 1/3 length; but in the middle of the shop? Basically, hang it between the two receptacles on...
  19. D

First project complete in new shop

Well, in between travel, holidays, and an extended visit from my MIL and her extended family; I was able to build and complete my outfeed table (my first project).:icon_cheers Top is one layer of 3/4" cheap ply sandwiched with 3/4" cabinet grade ply on top. The legs are 3/4" ply butted together...
  20. D

Wilson NC to Shop Crawl!

I bought Mike Shelley's wood vise and will be attending the upcoming shop crawl in the Burlington area. If anyone is going to the crawl or headed to the burlington area from the Wilson area; I could pick up the vise at the shop crawl when I am down there. Thanks, Tim

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS