Search results

1. mark2

G&G inspired Sofa table

Finished today for wife's Valentines gift - African Mahogany with Katalox accents Finish is TransTint dyes -(brown and Orange) followed by GF Arm-R-Seal Breadboard ends Drawbored, stretchers all Mortise and Tenon. Top attached using "Z" clips 60.75" long, 14.5 deep and 31" tall - Top is single...
  2. mark2

Planer / Tool cart

Needed a stand for my new planer to help move it out of garage when used, also need a place to store hand and handheld power tools when not in use Materials were big box maple ply and some soft maple for frames and drawer fronts - dimensions 26W x 41Lx 36T - 1/2" lip around top edge so stuff...
  3. mark2

Doll Cradle

Christmas present for my youngest Granddaughter and her baby doll - White oak with Padauk insert spacers to keep the slats on sides even and square during glue up (I didn't want to cut 32 mortises with hand tools)
  4. mark2

Cherry Cutting Board

A Christmas gift to my daughter - juice grooves will be added later if she wants them This one is from a yard tree that fell in storm about 10 yrs ago - Chainsaw milled then sat in garage until this year - Split the board down the long checks, straightened an edge then to the saw and planed...
  5. mark2

Checker Board

Maybe someday I'll grow up to be a Chessboard..... It's been a while since I had any time in the garage with wood tools out. Much longer since the last Chessboard that was done in High school shop Made by request from 7 yr old Granddaughter - I think it'll end up as a family gift. Planer...
  6. mark2

some late gifts

made 4 spoons like the one shown as well as another coffee scoop (southpaw version for daughters boyfriend ) for gifts - three of the spoons made for my sisters left for CA before I got the camera out and the other scoop is wrapped up. This spoon and spatula go to my aunt in CA as well but...
  7. mark2

Finished Christmas gift - cherry and sapele box

Completed box for some of my daughters christmas more special tree ornaments. Box sides and panel on the top are Sapele, base and frame on lid are cherry. Colors turned out very similar though I only used clear satin Arm r seal for finish. Contrast in grain is more of what I was after. Also...
  8. mark2

A couple new places to sit in the yard

Had to do something with the remains of the oak and cherry tree that fell in the spring storms. The rustic oak bench was built using mortise and tenon with wedged dowels - no glue (except a bit to hold the bowtie where my tenon was a bit tight and split the wood) or hardware and is...
  9. mark2

Developing new skills

Tried my hand at carving some leaves and stringing a border for this step stool for my granddaughter. Unfortunately the 8" height only gets her nose to counter height so it will be a few months before she uses it for a step but it is a good seat for her now. The Cherry came from a tree that...
  10. mark2

Not quite new......

I am Mark Reimer - I have been hanging around the site for a while now, even posting a few projects and replies to others but have not introduced myself as of yet - so here goes. I am a middle aged transplant to the area from the Sierra foothills of California with a 5 yr pitstop in Dallas Tx...
  11. mark2

Sapele Memory box

This memory box / small chest was made at the request of my daughter to give to friends that lost their 2 year old son and his grandfather in a tragic swimming pool accident earlier this summer in Dallas TX.:gar-Cr The box is made of sapele with maple accents, 11" deep x 17" wide and 11" tall...
  12. mark2

Spoons & scoops

Some scrap maple and some cherry and Ambrosia?? salvaged from the firewood pile and too much time on my hands
  13. mark2

looking for smallish slab for table top

I am in Lake Wylie SC and am looking for a smallish slab for "rustic" occasional table with a tapered hexagonal pedestal and claw feet that were made from a W. oak tree felled in the yard a couple yrs ago - 26" to 30" long, 18" to 24" Wide and I would like the end result to have lived edge -...
  14. mark2

My first chair

Sized for my 15 mo granddaughter from a piece of leftover white oak that was standing in corner waiting for a useful purpose. View image in gallery

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors