Search results

1. RandyJ

Drawer Unit for Garage Shelves

Nice job! I could really use something like that in my tiny "shop".
  2. RandyJ

First Place at the State Fair!

Excellent work, Berta. You deserve for your work to be recognized.
  3. RandyJ

Goodbye - sort of

Good luck on your life's next chapter.
  4. RandyJ

Left hand vs right for circular saw?

As a lefty, I dislike using a righthand saw only because it discharges the sawdust all over me and fills my shop apron pockets with sawdust. I learned with the righty, so am capable using one. Too old to change now!
  5. RandyJ

Thoughts on a Basic face vise

Great idea and very nice work pop-pop.
  6. RandyJ

Waving hello from FL

Welcome from central Fl (Sumter Co.) originally from NC.
  7. RandyJ

Happy Birthday

Late, but sincere, Happy Birthday, Steve! I have been around since early 2006 and still poke my head in, even though we moved out of state. Thanks for creating this great community, Steve.
  8. RandyJ

The passing of a member

Condolences to his family and also to you, Scott. Sorry to hear of the loss of another brave Marine.
  9. RandyJ

RIP Joe Scharle

Sorry to hear this. Joe will be missed.
  10. RandyJ

New sawduster in Statesville

Welcome Brian.
  11. RandyJ

Introduction

Welcome Parker. Nice job on the table.
  12. RandyJ

New Guy Intro

Welcome Michael. Nice folks here always willing to help. Enjoy.
  13. RandyJ

Froglips aka Jim Campbell

RIP Jim. Condolences to family and friends.
  14. RandyJ

Black Palm

I have turned a few pens and toothpick holders from black palm. Surprisingly, Palms are not wood but a type of grass. That is why it appears to have individual fibers when looking at the end grain. Not too difficult to work with, as mentioned. Sharper tools help reduce the tearout as does...
  15. RandyJ

Happy Birthday FredP

Happy Birthday Fred, have a great day. Here's hoping you have many, many more.
  16. RandyJ

Trucker route

Unless you need to go thru Raleighwood, why not avoid I40 and take I95 to I85. Shorter and quicker.
  17. RandyJ

Fixing and reusing/ and hanging a door

I know this may be a dumb question, but what if you flipped the door end-for-end? That would have lowered the holes. Then fill the hinge mortises if needed.
  18. RandyJ

Amazon Donation to NCWW

Have been using Smile for years. Even though I no longer live in NC, NCWW is still my "charity".
  19. RandyJ

DIY countertop

Beautiful wood, Phil. Please do keep us posted.
  20. RandyJ

Bondo or Famowood?

I used Bondo a few times but didn't master it. Seemed too difficult to work with, especially shaping/sanding. I discovered Durham's Rock Hard Water Putty and never looked back. Available lots of places, even Ace hardware. Easy to apply and easy to shape and sand. YMMV

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS