Search results

1. Asheville Hardware

Sawstop Demo In Asheville This Saturday 3/22

Greetings NCWWers, Just a brief announcement here: We will be hosting an informal in-store Sawstop demonstration this Saturday at 2PM. If you find yourself in the Asheville area, please drop by and say hello! See more here: Kind Regards, Dan Kostin Asheville Hardware 10 Buxton Ave...
  2. Asheville Hardware

Asheville Hardware's Open House: Saturday. July 13

Hi Everybody, We're hosting an open house event tomorrow: Saturday, July 13. We'll have representatives from Festool, Fein, Earlex, Whiteside, Kreg, Jorgensen, Woodpeckers, & General International showing off their newest toys. Gregory Paolini and Scott Meek will be here too! If you find...
  3. Asheville Hardware

Reconditioned Festools Available Now!

Hi Everybody, Festool has accumulated a lovely green & blue cache of certified reconditioned tools that they are offering at 10%, 20%, and 30% off of the retail price. All reconditioned items carry a limited one year warranty as well as a 30 day guarantee and you can expect the same level of...
  4. Asheville Hardware

Festool Domino XL Sneak Peak

Hi Everybody! Join us at Asheville Hardware Saturday, May 12 as Gregory Paolini will demonstrate the super-sized capabilities of Festool's yet to be released Domino XL. Gregory will have an actual Domino XL on site to "test drive" and the machine will be available to pre-order for June...
  5. Asheville Hardware

Asheville Hardware Is Hiring!

Greetings all, Asheville Hardware, Woodworkers’ Supply, a retail woodworking supply store just south of downtown Asheville, is seeking part-time sales staff. We are a busy woodworking supply store selling wood and woodworking merchandise – both retail and consignment. See our website...
  6. Asheville Hardware

Build a wood plane class

Just wanted to let you all know, there is still room for a couple open spots in the Wood Plane class I am teaching here at the store tomorrow. Wood planes perform unlike any metal bodied plane out there. They provide unparalleled feedback when in use, letting you know through tactile feedback...
  7. Asheville Hardware

Finishing 101 with Fine Woodworking's Gregory Paolini

There is still two spaces left for the Finishing 101 with Gregory Paolini this coming Saturday. Here is the class description: "Having good finishing skills make all the difference between an OK project and a phenomenal one. In this full day, hands on, finishing workshop, students will learn...
  8. Asheville Hardware

Latest consignment tools

We got some great old shop tools in on consignment recently. You can check out some pictures and a few details in our newsletter I sent out today: http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/email/newsletter/1410995537 These tools are from when tools were still built with lots of mass. No one makes...
  9. Asheville Hardware

August 13, Google Sketchup class

This Saturday, 5pm - 8pm, is our Sketchup 1 class with local architect, John Yurko. John has been using Sketchup since before Google bought it. This is a great class if you are new to the program and want to know the basic in and outs of it in order to draw your projects. Sketchup is a great way...
  10. Asheville Hardware

We just got a couple amazing slabs!

First off is this monster Old Growth California Redwood. It is 9' long, 57" at it's widest, 22" at the least wide point. The tree apparently went through a forest fire, as the edges are charred. Price is still TBD. There is also this stunning slab of Spalted Maple. It is 103" long and...
  11. Asheville Hardware

Make A Wood Body Hand Plane

Wanted to make an announcement about this class coming up on July 30. I'm really excited about it, as I'm the one instructing it. In case you didn't know, I'm a plane maker in addition to the director of Asheville Woodworking School here at Asheville Hardware. I'm looking forward to turning more...
  12. Asheville Hardware

Fall Class Schedule!

Our fall class schedule is up on the website now. You can view a list of class descriptions with dates for each time it's offered here. If you prefer a calender view that you can scroll month by month through, check it out here. We even have a PDF of the schedule that you can download here as...
  13. Asheville Hardware

New summer classes and demos!

First of all, I'll introduce myself: my name is Scott Meek, and Asheville Hardware brought me on staff a little over a month ago to start getting Asheville Woodworking School back up and running. When the store moved locations a little over a year ago, some things have taken longer than others...
  14. Asheville Hardware

Free Boat Building Demo @ Asheville Hardware 4/16

Join us Saturday April 16th from 11am - 3pm for a free presentation and discussion about the Stitch and Glue method of boat construction at Asheville Hardware's Woodworking School. Bill Thomas, an experienced instructor at Maine's WoodenBoat School, will be leading the presentation with a...
  15. Asheville Hardware

Greg Paolini Teaches Handplane Class at Asheville Hardware

Greetings all, We at Asheville Hardware just wanted to let all of you NCWWs know that Greg Paolini will be teaching an all day (10am - 5pm) Handplane Seminar on Saturday 11/6 at classroom facility. The Cost is $125 and there are still plenty of spaces available. Here is the course...
  16. Asheville Hardware

Asheville Hardware Reintroduces Itself

Greetings NC Woodworkers, We at Asheville Hardware Woodworkers' Supply are pleased to announce that we have recently become a paid sponsor here on NCWW and so we have updated our membership information accordingly. By now, most of you in the Asheville area probably know that, as of April...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS