Search results

1. C

Another question on staining new pine to match old pine

Pics to follow, but basically we have an old reclaimed door that was once painted, was stripped down to the wood and appears to be old heart pine. I was lucky enough to fine some heart pine lumber to make into a bed frame (thanks saw mill nc). It's not getting much of a stain to try and blend...
  2. C

My restored Shopsmith 10ER

Here is my before and after of my Shopsmith 10ER. I have sentimental reasons for keeping this as I am the 3rd generation owner of this tool. I have since also replaced the stand it's sitting on. The black rails are not spray paint, but are a dry film lubricant powder coat. I disassembled the...
  3. C

Looking for finishing suggestions

I've been working on a live edge ell shaped walnut desk with metal legs for a while now. I learned some hard lessons on epoxy filling some large holes. At first, thought I ruined the project, but I think it's going to turn out okay. I'd like to, solicit your advice on a finish, or rather "clear...
  4. C

West System Vs. Bondo

I am working on 2 projects one is making a 9/4 walnut slab into a live edge desk that has a huge knot to fill. So large I considered leaving it (approx 1.5"× 12"×2.25 deep), but some of the wood was rotten, so I got the soft pieces out and decided to fill with epoxy. This is my first attempt at...
  5. C

Need to find Jatoba or Teak near lake norman

I'm looking for Jatoba or Teak near Lake Norman. I'm in Iron Station. I don't think Kyle Edwards has it. I'll only need 8 pieces 4/4 @ 2 1/4" W x 4' L Where can I find exotics around charlotte?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS