Search results

1. B

Porter Cable Belt Sander Problem

Ok, I have finally fixed my problem...............just returned from my local Klingspor store!:wink_smil
  2. B

Ok, I finally found a set of replacement brushes (very hard to find!). However, my problem still exists. It almost seems like it's under a heavy load & it begins to smell hot after 15-20 sec. Maybe I have a bad bearing somewhere? Any other thoughts?
  3. B

Thanks for all your help. your posts were very informative & extremely helpful. I pulled the brushes out of my sander this afternoon, and they are indeed damaged. I'll get a new set this week & give them a try. Great job!
  4. B

Although brush assemblies come in many styles, if you analyze the two I focus on below you will notice certain commonalities present in all brushes: 1) the actual carbon/graphite brush, 2) a spring assembly that keeps the brush mated against the motor commutator as the brush wears, 3) a housing...
  5. B

Thanks to both of you. When I pull the brushes out, how do I tell if they are shot? Also, where can I buy replacements?
  6. B

I have an older Porter Cable belt sander & shortly after starting to use it today (less than 2 minutes) noticed it was getting very hot, lost some power, and had an excessive amout of blue sparks coming from the motor housing. I haven't had any problems with it in the past. Any idea what's...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS