Search results

1. bluedawg76

Cherry cabinet w/ moldings

So here's the art cabinet I've been working on -finally finished. It was a long time in the making (~10 months) due to not enough shop time. The cabinet is mostly cherry except the shelves (sorry forgot to photo) which are maple and the back is ship-lapped poplar (no photo either but will if...
  2. bluedawg76

floating table

Well here's my floating table finally finished (described in an earlier post). http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50846 The top and lower shelf are mahogany and the legs/aprons are walnut. The finish is padded shellac -a couple coats of garnet followed by blonde until I had...
  3. bluedawg76

my first hand tool only project

Here is my almost (un)finished end table -dry fit assembled. this is my first hand tool only project -that goes for sawing, surfacing, joinery, etc. Well I'll drill the holes to fasten the top to the hidden supports on my drill press, but that's only b/c I don't have a brace (for now). I've...
  4. bluedawg76

Finally finished dresser

After many months and interruptions, I've finally completed my daughter's dresser. Construction is walnut, w/ curly maple drawer fronts (Chris' lumber run), and poplar as the secondary wood including the drawer sides, runners and drawer bottoms. Much of the work is done by hand including the...
  5. bluedawg76

need a jointer?

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/4004097347.html Posted: 2013-08-15, 3:46PM EDT Grizzly 6" by 46" jointer - $200 (Hillsborough)...
  6. bluedawg76

saw bench

A saw bench has been on my list for awhile to further my plunge into neanderthalism. I googled around for versions, before settling on this one. I didn't like the A-frame style I had seen (Schwarz). I was worried that the protruding legs would interfere w/ sawing. I liked this version b/c of...
  7. bluedawg76

WIP-curly maple/walnut dresser

Here are some WIP photos of a dresser I've been slaving over for the past few (6) months. This is the most hand tool work I've ever put in to a project. Almost all of the joints are hand cut (DT, M/T, rabbets, dados). All the glued up panels, drawer sides and drawer bottoms were flattened by...
  8. bluedawg76

First saw handle

I picked up this Atkins saw on ebay for a good price. The saw plate was dirty, but dead straight and the horn was broken off, so I decided to try my hand at making a handle (a first). Only electrons wasted were drilling out a starter hole for the inside portion of the grip and drilling the...
  9. bluedawg76

Time is running out - FREE Shipping ends tomorrow.....Really?

I always enjoy the emails from Rockler stating that free shipping is running out, as if I won't get another email the next day stating free shipping again, but only for a limited time!:gar-La; Not to bash Rockler, b/c i DO enjoy free shipping, I just get a kick out of the urgency of the emails...
  10. bluedawg76

finally finished my daughter's bed

Here's the bed I promised my daughter on her bday (Nov)...I mean Xmas....I mean New Year's (had to wait for a good mattress sale). Though she would have preferred white/pink with flowers, I convinced her that a more natural wood look would be timeless (and I really don't like painting)...
  11. bluedawg76

science of avoiding tear out

This video link was prompted by a discussion on another forum, and I thought it was just too cool to not pass along. The video demonstrates the influence of cap iron bevel, cap iron set relative to the blade, and cutting depth to tear out when planing against the grain at high magnification...
  12. bluedawg76

Delta Unisaw cabinet table Saw - $875 (Raleigh)

thought somebody might be interested....(not mine, but wish it could be...) http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/3426495464.html Delta Unisaw cabinet table Saw - $875 (Raleigh) Date: 2012-11-29, 11:39AM EST...
  13. bluedawg76

cherry veneered speakers

Finally finished my new set of main speakers. I got the drivers and crossovers as a package from madisound and built the speaker boxes to their specs. They are the Zaph 2-way MTM design. The actual enclosed speaker box is 18.5" x 8" x 12.5". I just "extended" them to 36" rather than build...
  14. bluedawg76

maple-walnut bookcase

Here is my new bookcase -walnut sides and maple shelves. It's about 48" high and 30" wide. The design was inspired by a bookcase plan I saw in fine woodworking. I'm not sure of the name of the joint for the shelves and sides -a housed lap joint? Sorry I forgot to snap a photo before I put it...
  15. bluedawg76

Grizzly 8" Jointer -$450

If I could hide this in the garage where swmbo wouldn't see it, I'd be all over this....... http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/3155393035.html Grizzly 8" Jointer Model G0586. 220V. 2HP Woodworking - $450 (Johnston County, Angier) Date: 2012-07-24, 7:26PM EDT Reply to...
  16. bluedawg76

end tables finally finished!

After many months, I've finally finished this pair of end tables (yeah i realize only one is shown). Note these were designed to match the coffee table I made almost a year ago. A lot of things, got in the way of this project -work, kids, life, weather, other projects, jigs, etc. The woods...
  17. bluedawg76

Father's Day cutting board

Here's a cutting board I made for my Dad (Father's Day). It's 15"x12", 1.5" thick. The wood is cherry, walnut, jatoba (i think), and maple from some off-cuts I picked up from a neighbor's friend. It has been oiled and beeswaxed and is ready to ship. I think this is the first present I have...
  18. bluedawg76

scary dream

I dreamed last night that I decided to wash my table saw with the garden hose. I woke up in a bit of a panic as I realized this was NOT a good idea. What a nightmare!!!
  19. bluedawg76

cherry flag case

Here is a flag case my MIL asked me to make (her dad was in WWII). this was a really neat project. My kids were impressed that I could make a triangle. The case is cherry (from Jack, saw4you) w/ blonde shellac and rubbed with 0000 steel wool. I cut the 22.5 degree miters with a tenoning jig...
  20. bluedawg76

inspired to do nothing

i got inspired after seeing Joe's ellipse jig and thought I'd make something completely useless, well almost useless. It is mesmerizing to watch the motion.....

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS