Search results

1. Martin Roper

Small blanket chest project

Nice. I hope the top gets a little roundover. One's buttocks could get a little sore on that sharp edge. 😬
  2. Martin Roper

Cheap, easy MFT table mod

The top is a product called Valchromat, high density fiberboard. I borrowed a Parf Guide System from a forum member to align all the holes in the 96mm MFT format. If I had to do it all over again I'd just pay someone to do it on a CNC.
  3. Martin Roper

Cheap, easy MFT table mod

A while back I built an MFT-style workbench. It's built in the form of a torsion box that has access to compartments that I use for tool storage like the tool trough on a conventional bench. It's covered with 104 20mm dogholes that capture sawdust, fasteners, and all manner of detritus, all of...
  4. Martin Roper

Sliding Gate

I'm thinking the slots are for these:
  5. Martin Roper

He has a long wait ahead

I googled it and got pics of old planers and dandruff.
  6. Martin Roper

He has a long wait ahead

Then there is this one... Invicta/Delta 24" planer - $1,000 (Asheville) I've never seen a cutter head like this: How would you even sharpen that?
  7. Martin Roper

Mortise chisel vs. Mortise machine vs. Mortise adpter for drill press

I've gone over to the dark side.
  8. Martin Roper

Is There a Decent Staple Gun Out There?

This applies to electrics as well. If I don't have mine pressed flush to the surface, I'll get a bent staple.
  9. Martin Roper

Is There a Decent Staple Gun Out There?

I bought the Ryobi 18v stapler to build cages to keep the squirrels and birds away from my wife's blueberry bushes. I like it. I'll never go back to the manual staplers. I have a Craftsman and an Arrow, but I'm not even sure where they are anymore.
  10. Martin Roper

Bench Dog Router Plane $99.99 at Rockler

The $25-off coupon (code RV257334) expires this Thursday, April 18th.
  11. Martin Roper

Pin Nailer

I have all of the above and the stapler.
  12. Martin Roper

He has a long wait ahead

I'm always amazed at the incredible optimism of some CL sellers: Planer 24 inch - $1,000 (Roanoke) That looks like it will require a full restoration and who knows whether parts are missing... It looks similar to this:
  13. Martin Roper

Delta jointer - $325 (South Roanoke) GONE

Not mine, etc. Delta jointer - $325 (South Roanoke)
  14. Martin Roper

DeWalt DW 735 thickness planer - $300 (Waynesville) GONE

Not mine, etc. DeWalt DW 735 thickness planer - $300 (Waynesville)
  15. Martin Roper

Chris (@Redknife)

Sorry to hear this. I remember he was selling off some tools last year.
  16. Martin Roper

Craftsman Random Orbital Sander - $30 (Charlotte)

Not mine, etc. Posted mostly for the amusement value. Craftsman Random Orbital Sander - $30 (Charlotte)
  17. Martin Roper

New member and speaker builder

Are you into open baffle speakers at all? I would like to build something along the lines of this: Caladan
  18. Martin Roper

Laminated Plywood: A snipe hunt?

For what some of these specialty plywoods cost, it seems like it would be cost effective to buy some formica and cover a sheet of plywood yourself. The formica would be thicker and far more durable than melamine.
  19. Martin Roper

Bench Dog Router Plane $99.99 at Rockler

Sale starts March 28th. The Router Plane is listed at $139.95, but goes on sale for $99.99 on Thursday, March 28 and ends Wednesday, April 24th. The flyer I got in the mail has a bunch of items, but also a coupon on the cover for an additional $25 off your order over $100 which includes sale...
  20. Martin Roper

Woodtek 7x20 inch planer - $1,800 (Kernersville)

Not mine, etc. Woodtek 7x20 inch planer - $1,800 (Kernersville)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors