Butterfly bowl close up

3. Mortis and Pestle

Mortis and Pestle

4. W

Latest Turnings

Over-the-top beautiful. Don L.
  5. W

Nested set.

Jack, those are gorgeous to the tenth power. Outstanding work and congratulations of the win, it was deserved! Don L.
  6. W

did a little turning today.

That's quite a variety and quantity. Very well done. Don L.
  7. W

50 cal pen and display

What a super cool idea. Very well done and quite a conversation piece. Love it! Don L.
  8. W

Took a While, but worth it

What a handsome piece. Great tool work, wood and design. Very pleasing to look at. Just wondering, how are you planning on waterproofing it? Don L.
  9. W

NOT good turning

I like it too. The only thing I might try is making a different and larger top piece. Maybe it will change the look to where you're more happy with it. Nice job. Don .
  10. W

A different kind of save!

The two tone look looks great. Nice save. That end grain can be frustrating stuff. You did good! Don L.
  11. W

My first bowls (thanks woodArtz and Joe Bradshaw!)

That's a remarkable progression from the first to the last photo. You're doing VERY well. Keep up the good work! Tear out bothers everyone. Even the pros. It's just a matter of getting the least amount possible. There are many ways to reduce it, but super sharp tools and a light touch are a good...
  12. W

Gifts for wood donors.

Beautiful wood and beautiful finished pieces. Win, win. I always make something for the donor also, I wouldn't want the woodturning police to come and get me. It almost always results in more wood coming from other folks that see what you've given to the original recipient. I've had people say...
  13. W

Some bowl attempts

Very nice, Jeff. Good shapes, sanding and design. Smaller feet would be nice, but for a first attempt, I'd say you hit a home run. Finished bases too! Don L.
  14. W

Oak Burl vase

Beautiful shape and the wood is gorgeous. Very well done. Don L.
  15. W

new turning

Excellent piece, Earl. I like the little "spikes" too. Well done. Don L.
  16. W

Cherry Bowl

Very well done, Nate! Your Mom will love it. The shape is right on and personally, I love the bark showing. Captn A is right about the crack. No big deal. Hope you post how your Mom likes it. Don L.
  17. W

Another one bites the dust-Maybe??

I sure hope you guys can turn some more together and your son developes an interest in turning. It's a beautiful thing.Thanks for the post. Don L.
  18. W

And the calendar contest winners are....

With all the tallent out there, this is going to be one beautiful calendar, Glad I could be a small part of it. When will they go on sale? I'll be proud to put all this fine work in my shop (sort of). Don L.
  19. W

New use for old rollerblades...

Beautiful job, Bob. That looks nice and stable. Well done. Don L.
  20. W

Thanks Bob (was: Help I am skew'd!!!)

Hi Eykode! I live in Oxford and would be happy to spend some time with you in my shop. Plenty of projects to play around with and I'm in there every day. Had a lawyer here yesterday and helped him make a walnut bowl for his father. A buddy of mine said I should have charged him 250.00 an hour...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors