Search results

1. kooshball

Finishing suggestions for SYP porch ceiling?

Thx. I think there is one in Raleigh that is close enough
  2. kooshball

Which one? I am not familiar with those coatings but they look to be part of a family of coatings and stains. Thx!!
  3. kooshball

My original plan was to paint the porch ceilings in our new house build but we really like how the “character grade” SYP looks so we want to finish it with something that will show off the wood. I am not planing to stain or dye the wood but I would like to protect it and enhance it a bit. If...
  4. kooshball

Where to buy a maple slab in the triangle?

I am looking for a source for a live edge maple slab on the thinner side of things (6/4) to use as a mudroom bench. I am in the Apex / New Hill area and my usual source (Scott Smith) doesn’t have any maple right now. Any suggestions on sourcing?
  5. kooshball

SawStop Legislation

Depends on your definition of safely, but this tool is much easier to deal with than an accessory table. https://www.microjig.com/products/grr-ripper
  6. kooshball

SawStop Legislation

Can a track saw safely rip narrow pieces of wood such as fillers when installing cabinets?
  7. kooshball

Maximum width for non-glued solid white oak flooring?

Another positive datapoint! Thx
  8. kooshball

Portable table saw recommendation

Here is the one I ordered for those who may be interested. It almost seems too good to be true that one can get an acceptable saw at that price point but we will see! https://www.skil.com/15-amp-10inch-table-saw-ts6307-00/
  9. kooshball

Thx guys. I stumbled on some answers to a similar question on a trim carpentry page and ended up buying a $280 skill table saw. There is a chance that it only makes 20 cuts or so hopefully it is good enough!
  10. kooshball

Paste Wax Replacement

I’ve used this one before with good results: https://www.woodcraft.com/products/hf-staples-clear-furniture-bowling-alley-wax-1-lb?variant=43402419667082&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADiA6Y12M1raCAtRhV9vNtWIDvMJY&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImLHzvsnyhAMV-TbUAR0i0gSfEAQYCiABEgIOMfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
  11. kooshball

Hi folks. I’m getting near the final stages of the house build that I have going on and it’s time for me to do some trim / built-in / cabinet work. I won’t be able to get my cabinet saw moved in early enough, so I need to get a portable table saw that has some resale value as I will sell it...
  12. kooshball

Question about Waterlox

Yes. They rebranded / relabeled all their products. Just give Waterlox a call and they will explain how to cross reference to what you are used to seeing.
  13. kooshball

Festool sander stroke; 3mm vs 5mm?

Funny you mention that 1250 devs; I actually have one machine too which I completely forgot about since I have never used it for fine work!
  14. kooshball

Festool sander stroke; 3mm vs 5mm?

I am looking at buying a festool ETS EC 150 EQ and am not sure how to decide between the 3mm or 5mm stroke. 90% of its use will be for sanding furniture in preparation for finishing. I do not anticipate using it for polishing or buffing finishes. I work with many species of wood so being able...
  15. kooshball

As an update, I gave NWFA a call to discuss their generalized recommendations for when to use glue and they actually said that 5” and below will be fine without glue (vs. the 4” previous recommendation). Looks like I am going with 5”, character grade white oak!
  16. kooshball

From what I am being quoted isn’t cheap at all. If I skip the wide plank, the money saved on glue and labor pays for site sanding and finishing labor. I’m just trying to go as wide as possible without glue.
  17. kooshball

That sounds promising! Thank you.
  18. kooshball

According to the National Wood Flooring Association, any wood flooring (solid or engineered) over 4” in width should be glued as well as nailed / stapled. With this being a general statement, I wonder if certain species and cuts would be tolerant of wider widths before needing to be glued. For...
  19. kooshball

Where to buy furniture grade plywood in the Raleigh area?

Thanks! That was the ticket. Furniture grade sheet goods at big box retail prices!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS