Search results

1. H

Trivets for the family

Thanks for the info.
  2. H

Trivets for the family

Very nice. What bit did you use on the C trivet?
  3. H

Can You Identify This Tool?

Thanks to all for your input..........always good to see humor in the group.
  4. H

Can You Identify This Tool?

A neighbor gave me a box of old tools that belong to her father. The attached picture is one I have never seen before. It looks like cast iron and is approximately 8" long and 2" wide.
  5. H

Free MLCS Mini Dovetail Jig

No longer available.
  6. H

The jig is still available
  7. H

I am cleaning up my small workshop area. Four years ago I bought this jig with the intention of making some small boxes. I cut out one joint and never went any further. Any member who can put it to good use is welcome to pick it up in the Columbia SC area. Jig includes 15" long template...
  8. H

Rules for the "For Sale / Wanted" forum.

I am trying to figure out how to post an ad for a free MLCS dovetail template I will never use. The Post Thread button is not showing, I guess because I haven't been in the website since January. Please advise.
  9. H

CNC Desktop Machines.....Worth Buying??

Thanks for the advice. I clearly remember when I bought a job site saw and with no experience or training was afraid to use it. A friend's husband is a commercial cabinet maker and he got me started. The virus has put a halt to my outside contacts. I have thought of checking with the local...
  10. H

CNC Desktop Machines.....Worth Buying??

For several years I have been intrigued by CNC routing, particularly when comparing my scroll saw Christmas ornaments with those done with CNC. A son-in-law and grandson just bought a large table CNC for their welding business which renewed my interest. I am looking for advice. I started doing...
  11. H

Accurate cutting/filing/sanding a small area (hardwood)

Ken - Thanks. I appreciate your offer. I an using .75-.80" hardwood for the bow. I think the easiest way for me to go is with Mike Davis' suggestion for glued strips.
  12. H

I keep wishing my little DeWalt saw would take a dado blade: it doesn't. Your idea sounds like a good one and could probably work with my small project. Attached is a picture of my prototype fishing boat to give you an idea of what I did previously........... I have cut out everything for the...
  13. H

Thanks. I don't know whether the project is worth buying another sander, particularly when I have so little space left in my end-of-garage work area.
  14. H

What does a 1" sander look like? I have a 10" bandsaw.
  15. H

I am working on a craft project that requires accuracy I am finding hard to achieve. The attached piece shows a roughed out shape of a 3/4" piece of hardwood. The steps are 3/4x1/4x1/2". I hove found from experience that I cannot get an exact fit with a scroll saw so I have been cutting the...
  16. H

Bosch RA1181 Router Table Top

Bosch replaced the aluminum table top (not to be confused with the mounting plate) on my new RA1181 router table...........the top which came with the router has a slight bow. Bosch does not want the original table top back. If anyone is interested in picking it up in the Columbia SC area, I...
  17. H

Dust Collection Hose Size

What size hose are you using??
  18. H

Dust Collection Hose Size

I have a Dust Deputy hooked up to an old Craftsman shop vac and then to various power tools (table saw, sander, bandsaw and router). This is a 2 1/2" system. Would a 1 1/4" system do a better job collecting dust? Lowe's has a great buy this weekend on a Shop Vac with 1 1/4" or a Craftsman...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS