Search results

1. G

Completed Rolling Maple Island

That is what I strive to be able to do someday! Great looking table.
  2. G

Looking for wall mount bottle opener

I need one for my barbeque table that I have almost completed. Anyone know where I can find one in the Raleigh area?
  3. G

Who I am

Evidently I never said who I am so here goes. I am basically a beginner that makes more scrap wood than anything else but i have done some simple chairs and an outdoor table. Working on a barbeque cart right now and my ultimate goal would be to create a nice closet organizer for the master...
  4. G

Any gotchas in making a closet system

Thanks everyone for the hints and tips.
  5. G

Any gotchas in making a closet system

I am replacing the old wire based closet organization system in my master walk-in closet with a nice (I hope) wood one like you would see from California Closets. Just wondering if anyone has done one before and ran into any unforeseen issues I should be away of? Thanks.
  6. G

Cutting a spline in a long piece of wood

I thought about that but the screws kept pulling through the wood. I will double check to make sure I am using the correct type of thread. Thanks
  7. G

The pieces are solid cedar, 1.5" thick cut at a 45degree angle to butt against one another.
  8. G

I am building a patio table and ran into the issue where the 45degree joints at each end of the table just do not seem to have much strength. I was thinking of cutting a spline for the corners but two of the boards are about 87" long and would be hard to hold on a table saw to cut the spline...
  9. G

How far in to place table legs

I am buliding a patio table that is about 79" long. Is there any formula to determine how far in to set the legs or is it more of "what looks good"?
  10. G

Straight rip fence

Thanks for the tip. I did some further checks and it does appear that my miter gauge is about 1/2 degree off so that would cause my issue. Now I just need to figure out how to get my saw blade perfectly straight to the miter slot :gar-Bi
  11. G

Straight rip fence

On my Delta saw I used the miter gauge that came with the saw and placed a speed square on it to check to see if the rip fence was straight and it wasn't. It appears that the back end was about 1/16 to 1/8 further left than the front end when the fence is locked down. I tried to adjust the...
  12. G

First trip to NC Hardwood store

I must say I was very impressed not only with the amount and types of lumber but with the staff as well. They gave me a pricing guide and just let me wander around without bugging me. I just wish I had a truck and money...lots and lots of money. :wsmile:
  13. G

Workbench top

What does everyone do for a workbench top? I have seen things like using glued up strips of maple, MDF sheets, plywood sheets, even a solid core door. It is time to make myself a new bench so I am looking for ideas. I am currently using a solid core door which has worked well for the past...
  14. G

Is it just my BORG?

Sad thing is I just read about the local hardware store where I grew up closing because they could not compete with the prices from HD and Lowes. They had the same employees from when I grew up there (more years than I care to mention) and they actually knew what they were talking about.
  15. G

Lumber - where do you buy it from and why?

Sadly, without a truck, I buy from local chain stores. Have not tried Capital city lumber.
  16. G

Delta being sold

Very interesting. I wonder if this will affect their products and TV Show support? http://www.woodmagazine.com/blogs/woodworking-blog/2011/01/10/stanley-black-decker-sells-off-delta-line-of-woodworking-tools/
  17. G

Work Sharp 3000 $62.25 at Home Depot Again

I just got an Email from Home Depot that my order was cancelled. I can only guess either the company or the product is being discontinued and this was a close-out sale
  18. G

Work Sharp 3000 $62.25 at Home Depot Again

Just ordered mine. Looks like they are back in stock at least for a little while
  19. G

Work Sharp 3000 @ HomeDepot.com $77.19 Total

Guess it was just not meant to be. It always shows as out of stock for me. I'll keep checking periodically

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors