Search results

1. R

Sandhills Lunch Bunch

I would definitely be interested in a lunch get together in the Southern Pines area. I am in Wadesboro and that is a quick one hour drive for me. As to Chaz reply, good luck finding a place in Wadesboro to have a lunch get together.
  2. R

March 2024 Monthly Contest - Clock Cases

This is my submission for the clock case monthly contest. It was made in 2019 which I think gets it in within the deadline. It is solid figured walnut including back, etc. Thanks for looking!
  3. R

Dark Wood Suggestions

Wenge
  4. R

Finishing options for mahogany entry door?

David, I built a mahogany entry door for my home about eight years ago. I finished it with General Finishes Exterior 450 satin finish, six coats, sprayed. I have had no problems with this finish and it is still holding ujp fine after this many years of exposure. It is south facing and only...
  5. R

First Bowl

Very nice, Mark. If this is your first bowl, you are off to a very good start.
  6. R

Cutting wood and gluing it together

A yoke for two tiny oxen?
  7. R

Anti Fatigue Mats

+1 on what Scott is recommending. I have the same thing
  8. R

Smallish end table

Nice piece, Neal. I really like the curves of the top and legs
  9. R

Intarsia commission

really impressive Berta!
  10. R

Edge Banding - Educate Me

Rick, I would go with option 2. MY opinion is edge banding just looks like edge banding and reminds me of IKEA and other cheap throw away stuff. The extra work and effort in the solid wood will be absolutely worth it. I did that on the Murphy Bed I build for my wife's sewing room and am very...
  11. R

Central Machinery Belt & Disc Sander - $45

Where are you located?
  12. R

Murphy Bed Construction

How high up on the wall is the outlet? If it is a code requirement, which I think is around 17 or 18" to the top of the outlet, you are going to be really close to the mattress when the bed is closed. If it is below this level, it will probably be in a fairly open space. I would still be...
  13. R

Murphy Bed Construction

Rick, I used cabinet grade birch plywood from the Hardwood Store to build mine which, like yours, was painted. For edge banding, I uses iron on in very limited places and in places where visibility was more prominent I glued on "screen bead". One thing to understand about screen bead, it is...
  14. R

Exterior finish for long term protection

I have had good results with General Finishes Exterior 450. I have used it on exterior doors and have not had to refinish in over five years.
  15. R

Carter bandsaw blade guides

Joe, I have them on my Laguna bandsaw and really love them. I have used them before on an earlier saw I owned so I was already aware of them and the quality they give your saw.
  16. R

Sharpening chainsaw

Roy, if you are willing to sharpen it yourself and have a dremmel tool, they make stones specifically for sharpening chain saw chains. They even make a jig to clamp on the bar and tool to get the angle exactly correct. I sharpen mine with the dremmel freehand and get a razor sharp chain in...
  17. R

Steady rest

Neal, that is a really nice looking jig. Very impressive!
  18. R

How Do I Cut Aluminum

Thanks for everyone's advice. I knew I could count on NCWW members to look after one of their own.
  19. R

How Do I Cut Aluminum

I have a six foot piece of aluminum angle "iron". The aluminum is 1/16" thick and the two wings are 1 1/2". I want to cut some 2" pieces to use as brackets for a support beam. I want the cuts to be square, smooth and even so using a hand held hack saw is not an option. How can I cut this...
  20. R

Wanted Mahogany Leg Stock 3" x 3" x 36"

David, I have a piece of 16/4 Honduran mahogany that I thought would work for you. However, I am starting a project that is using a part of it and cannot get 36" length from the remainder. You might want to check with West Penn Hardwoods. I have gotten 3"x3x36" african mahogany from them in...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS