Search results

1. W

Can this door be saved? Looking for help in Apex

I just moved into a new house that has an existing detached garage. I had not noticed the condition of this door before, but now I realize it needs to be repaired or replaced. FYI, the garage was an as is part of the deal. If anyone in the Apex area does this kind of work and would like to...
  2. W

Free: Rolling Stand from Performax 16-32 sander - SOLD

This is the stand that came with my sander. I have since moved the sander to a flip top cart. I a sure you could convert this stand for many purposes. Available for pick up from my home in Cary. Need to move this in the next week or it goes to the dump. Free to the woodworker who can put it...
  3. W

Aluminum Billet for Guitar Linings

This is free to anyone who can use it. Basically, I have two 5 foot billets of aluminum that were CNC’d into interlocking pieces that can be sliced into kerf clamps. You will need to wrap the finished clamps with rubber bands or tubing (or see the O-rings on the link bleow) to create the...
  4. W

Need input on closet design

About a year ago the wife and I talked about upgrading the closet, and after looking at designs and prices I made that comment “I should be able to build this for a lot less”. Well, when recently talking about starting another project, I got the “Where are those closet cabinets that you are...
  5. W

Refrigerator temperature issue

I picked up a garage fridge for cheap this past weekend. It seems the temperature control is a little off, and I am wondering (hoping) if it is an easy fix. the contol goes from 0 (off) to 9 (coldest). Basically it seems that from 1 - 8.75, the temperature hovers from the low 40s to maybe...
  6. W

Kreg Rip-Cut and Square Cut Saw Guides $30 SOLD

I bought these a few years ago and then bought a Track saw. I don’t think either has been used. Not in packaging, but like new. https://www.kregtool.com/store/c48/saw-attachments/p424/rip-cuttrade/ https://www.kregtool.com/store/c47/saw-accessories/p264/square-cuttrade/
  7. W

Extend-A-TrucK Truck Bed Extender. $40 - SOLD

Should be like the one on the link, Great for carrying extra long items in the bed or balancing items on top of the cab. I no longer have a truck and no longer need this. https://realtruck.com/p/extend-a-truck-bed-load-extender/
  8. W

Grizzly Track saw with case and tracks. $150. - SOLD

I have a Grizzly Track saw in a Dewalt Tough System case. The case has a foam insert that has been cut to hold the saw (similar to a systainer). I have two Scheppach 25” rails and a Grizzly 55” rail. I have a set of the Grizzly track clamps as well. I also have a Scheppach track saw that is...
  9. W

Delta 50-840 Dust Collector with trash can separator. $125. SOLD

I need to clear some floor space in my small shop. I have a Delta 50-840 Dust Collector. I will include the trash can and separator shown below as well as the two hoses. Available for pickup in Cary.
  10. W

Compact Dust Collection: Festool, Fein, or Other

I currently have a Delta dust collector connected to a trash can separator as well as a Shop Vac connected to a dust deputy. These two items are taking up precious shop space, and I am thinking of getting rid of both and replacing with a better compact collector. I have a Festool Track Saw and...
  11. W

Closet design sources

The wife is wanting some home upgrades. While I will let the pros handle the bathroom remodel, I think I can create some custom closet solutions. Just in the initial planning now, but have a couple of questions to get me started. 1. Is their a closet design book anyone would recommend? I...
  12. W

Looking for custom built in cabinets / book sheelves

I have friends who are having a new place built in Raleigh and when they asked about built-ins for a study, what they were shown looked like shelves from IKEA which was not the look they wanted. The rest of the home will be very nice and they want the study to match. I am sure there are folks...
  13. W

Need some help making heavy duty cuts

I have an on-going project where I made several thick tops for flip top tool stands. Two turned out fine, but two turned are out of square, and my saws (Ryobi bt300 table saw and Grizzly track saw) are not robust enough to make a good straight cut to square things up. I have tried and seem to...
  14. W

Has anyone purchased Liogier Rasps recently?

Just wondering about the turn around time for any recent orders. My wife ordered me some rasps for Christmas and they still have not made it and there has been no follow up to inquiries. I know this is a small family run business and I am willing to wait a reasonable amount of time, but my wife...
  15. W

Porter Cable Plunge Base Question

I hit the bid button too quick on a porter cable plunge router in excellent condition. It turns out the excellent condition plunge base is missing several parts and is currently locked in place so it won't plunge. My options appear to be order individual parts and try to get it back in working...
  16. W

Need Help with Perfromax 16-32 conveyor motor

Last year I got a used performax 16-32 and have used it a couple of times with no issues. Today I was using it to even up some wood that I had cut for edge banding and the conveyor stopped working. Not sure if I was trying t take too much of a bite. In the past I have had it stop on me and I...
  17. W

Any Domino users?

I am thinking about getting a Festool Domino and hope I can get a few answers. I am watching some deals on Ebay and if the savings is enough, I may go that route. If the savings is not significant, I will probably go the new route. But I am having trouble comparing based on the accessories...
  18. W

Does the Dust Deputy meet all your needs

I think that I have too much stuff taking up space in my workshop. One item that I am looking at and thinking that I can get rid of is my dust collector which is hooked up to a trash can separator. I also have a dust deputy hooked up to a shop vac. What I have been doing is using the larger...
  19. W

Bunk bed Ladder Hooks

We recently acquired a bunk bed, and I am looking to improve the ladder. This is a Twin over Queen bunk, so the ladder is at an angle to the bed. It was connected with screws, but I think adding hooks would be an improvement. I have found these bench hooks through Rockler...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS