Search results

1. P

Old copies of Mortise and Tenon wanted

Hi Dan. I have original issues 1 through 5 if your interested.
  2. P

What kind of wood is this?

Maybe persimmon. The bark looks very similar to our persimmons.
  3. P

Magazines

Several issues of Popular Woodworking, along with The Gristmill, Fine Home Building, and Woodworkers Journal. A small donation to the forum takes all. Pickup in Pittsboro. Philip
  4. P

Stain Assortment (Free)

Hey Scott, they've been spoken for. Thanks though.
  5. P

Stain Assortment (Free)

Mostly full 8oz containers of stain. Bought for testing. Free pick up in Pittsboro if anyone can use them. Otherwise getting thrown out.
  6. P

I covet some premium chisels

Ill second the recommendation for the Narex Richter. I had a set of Ashley Isles, but it always seemed like the edges were a little crumbly. My father gave me a set of the Richters as a gift, and I've been thoroughly impressed. So much so that I got rid of the AIs. I prefer the balance of the...
  7. P

Jessem Clear Cut Guides for Router Table

Thanks Tony. That's perfect. I think I'm going to go ahead with those and put a filler strip on the fence to bump out the stock to the appropriate distance. I appreciate your help.
  8. P

Jessem Clear Cut Guides for Router Table

Are any folks using the Jessem Clear Cut Guides designed for router tables? Im profiling the edge of my stock. The stock is rather narrow and varies from about 35mm wide to 25mm wide. My question is what is the minimum stock width that these guides can accommodate? In other words, how far are...
  9. P

Craftsman shop vac $30

Needs a new filter, but comes with hose and a few attachments. Pick up in Pittsboro.
  10. P

Sold PP: Incra miter gauge $45

Bought new, never used. Just been kicking around my workshop for several years. Pretty sure it's a v27. Pickup in Pittsboro, or near 147/540 intersection in Durham during the week.
  11. P

Free - Project saw

This is a cut down mitre box saw. Could make a tenon saw. Plate needs holes drilled for saw nuts. Handle is in great shape. Pickup in Pittsboro.
  12. P

WANTED: Stanley 60 or 65

Hi Tim. I'm sure others will chime in, but consider reaching out to Ed at the Woodwrights Tool Store in Pittsboro. Last time I was in, I recall seeing several nice block planes. I believe he is currently shipping. https://www.woodwrightschool.com/the-tool-store
  13. P

Stanley No. 4 1/2 -$75

Sold pending payment
  14. P

Stanley No. 4 1/2 -$75

It's yours if you want it. Nothing broken, no repairs, other than the rear tote that I tried to show in the pictures. Just surplus to my needs. And yes, sure about $75.
  15. P

Stanley No. 4 1/2 -$75

Stanley No. 4 1/2 for sale. Currogated sole. Fitted with a Hock O1 iron. Rear tote has been repaired on past. Asking $75. Pickup in Pittsboro, or near intersection of 147 and 540 in Durham/Morrisville most weekdays.
  16. P

CNC Router Service for Boat Kit

Dan - No, I haven't built a boat before, but I've wanted to build one for the last 5 or 6 years. I've read several books (Gardner, Brooks, Culler, Tom Hill, Cramer & Steward, and looked at the pictures in Vivier's book in French) and come to the conclusion that this will turn into a 2, 3, or 4...
  17. P

Steve, Thanks for the information and perspective. The study plans indicate 7 sheets, but those are 5x10 (and the study plan is in French). The designer indicates the cutting files are available for 4x8, so maybe 10 sheets. You make a good point about the kit supplier working out the details...
  18. P

After renovating my garage into a proper workshop, I'm gearing up to build a boat. I thought I had settled on a design, until I found this one: https://www.vivierboats.com/en/product/minahouet/ There is a company out of Maine that cuts a kit for the boat using a CNC Router, but the price of...
  19. P

Cement Floor Treatment

I'm just finishing up my garage to workshop transformation and I'm at the same point in my floor decision. Im planning on using the DMX 1 Step 2.0 underlayment with Advantech panels floating on top. I plan to paint the advantech and use some nonskid additive.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors