Search results

1. richlife

Not so "tough" after all...

Thanks, Scott. You're right! Post added. I also noticed that in one day I went from a newbie to a Senior Member! :D I'd like to add that the ease of adding images now is great! Again, I'm behind the times, but still nice to see and use.
  2. richlife

Why?

(Hey, Hank -- see my PM.) Why did you come to NCWW? Longtime woodworker, was trying to establish small business, wanted access to info, help and try to contribute. Why do you stay? Just can't shake the need to be woodworking aware. My participation has severely waned, but my interest has not...
  3. richlife

Not so "tough" after all...

Another "hello" from a while back. There are a couple of threads a year apart that describe my journey -- this is where we left off: Still Tough... How does one say that despite all the angst and tough decisions, it finally did get better and nothing huge really changed? In sum, we spent a...
  4. richlife

Poll: Quick Workshop Survey - Plug or Unplug

I no longer have most of my large tools, but mostly keep my miter saw, drill press and router table plugged. They are a bit awkward to unplug. My planer and bench band saw I try to leave unplugged though my grandsons are old enough now to understand the danger. But for teens, understanding...
  5. richlife

Rich's USA Trip 2019-04-16

6. richlife

SawStop Injury

So very true! I once foolishly tried to use my saw to make a slight trim (plane) while holding a small piece. The Saw Stop would probably not have prevented the shredded fingertip that resulted. It all grew back after some pain, but I learned a lot of respect and some wisdom that day... To...
  7. richlife

Still Tough...

Thanks Jim. We have/are also considering SC possibilities. Hadn't thought about it being just farther enough south to be essentially out of "winter issues" yet very similar to NC in many ways. Good to have it pointed out. As far as the CCRCs, we have long considered that (and have a nice...
  8. Rough_Lumber_Shelter

Rough_Lumber_Shelter

Wood/lumber Sale
  9. Rough_BW_Cherry

Rough_BW_Cherry

Wood/lumber Sale
  10. Rough_BW

Rough_BW

Wood/lumber Sale
  11. Milled_wood_shelter

Milled_wood_shelter

Wood/lumber Sale
  12. richlife

Still Tough...

Charley, there's a lot more to the story, but no need to dump it all here -- suffice to say "quick" is not part of the equation. I've been fortunate to recover well and quickly and successfully from all my surgeries of the past 5 years (same as yours). If you haven't tried good knee pads for...
  13. richlife

Still Tough...

That's practically on the nose, Jeff. We've spent years traveling and researching options, but have only recently agreed on just how completely we intend to divest (pretty much totally). So, similar to what Tom indicated above, we may be a year, two or even more from finalizing, but we know...
  14. richlife

Still Tough...

Less than a year ago I opened a question about a "Tough Decision". https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63155 It SEEMS as if years have passed since then and re-reading that thread brings new appreciation for all the thoughts offered, however, another knee replacement/recovery...
  15. richlife

For Sale: Nice Rough Cut Hardwoods

I personally think that $1500 is quite good price for this much lumber -- low enough to allow a decent resale option. While it may well take more time to get it sold, I did want to offer the wood here on NCWoodWorker first. Having received no comments or inquiries, I'll also go ahead and place...
  16. richlife

Butternut sawing

I see that I said "Timbor liquid" -- sorry, I meant powder. The Bora-care was a liquid and, as I indicated, I found the liquid easier to work with and apply. Keep in mind that there is actually limited penetration, so applying it to a log will not get to the interior. Reapply after you have...
  17. richlife

Tough Decision

Wow, you folks really know how to be convincing! :wsmile: Starting with my own doubts and adding in all these truly helpful comments, there is just no way I can or will consider eliminating this place that has provided so much joy, comfort and solace over so many years. It may be that I will...
  18. richlife

Tough Decision

Thanks for the good, thoughtful and thought-provoking replies. It really is a bigger question than simply "selling". My casual "just sit for a bit" comment probably strikes right to the core. And quite frankly, it addresses more than just the shop. "Part 2" of this whole situation is the...
  19. richlife

Tough Decision

So what do you do with a well-equipped shop when your "woodworking" is minimal? I haven't participated here much in the past couple of years -- mostly because my physical health has been impaired and my resulting desire for woodworking diminished. I've been recently trying to renew my...
  20. richlife

Butternut sawing

I've used both Timbor liquid and Bora-Care concentrate. The Bora-Care is easier to apply and has worked very well to prevent infestation. Since it is liquid, there is a slight penetration which helps with the effectiveness.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS