Search results

1. zapdafish

birch plywood ends

not sue if this link works but someone selling pallets of russian birch ends on facebook. not very helpful if you need large sheets but looked like lots of decent sized pieces for crafts in there...
  2. zapdafish

sketchup class by finewoodworking

https://finewoodworking.mykajabi.com/sketchup-interest-landing-page?utm_source=Marketing&utm_content=FW+Promotional+Offers&utm_medium=Marketing&sourcekey=W20443EM&utm_content=FW+Promotional+Offers&utm_medium=Marketing
  3. zapdafish

looking for board butter recommendation

Just want to make sure I buy a reputable one thats safe. There are so many on Amazon, no idea where they are made. thanks
  4. zapdafish

miter lock bit question

can I cut the dadoes for the side and drawer bottom before I cut the miter locks? I havent cut the sides to length yet and would prefer to cut the dadoes while they are all still long. thnx
  5. zapdafish

veneering question

I have some mdf panels I am going to experiment with veneering on. If I want to edge them with hardwood, which do I do first? veneer the panel then add hardwood edging or edge first then veneer over both. both veneer and edge wood are the same species.
  6. zapdafish

dust deputy

its in my way and I want it gone. needs a replacement cyclone top as thats broken. Its free but wouldnt mind some scrap wood for practicing dovetails with. Pickup in winston-salem, 27127
  7. zapdafish

knockdown workbench

Finally moved out of garage into spare bedroom. Lightened version of a moravian knockdown workbench, 90* long, 22" wide, 36" high. Top is Ash, base is white oak. I will be buidling lower cabinets when it gets a tad warmer.
  8. zapdafish

maybe a nova 1624 for $135?

pretty bad picture, looks like it might be the motor part. not sure if the rest of the lathe is blurred and in pieces in the background https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/402272261005775
  9. zapdafish

Carving mule and tools - interesting listing

https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/d/mount-airy-sjobergs-wood-carving-mule/7079980573.html
  10. zapdafish

magports

Saw these in Fine Woodworking. Last time I checked they were out of stock but looks like they solved that problem. These fall into the I wish I thought of it first. lol Still debating on whether to upgrade since the attachments I have now work pretty good. It's not a cheap upgrade but I just...
  11. zapdafish

220v extension cords

I have a 220v heater that i would like to move 4-5ft further than the plug will allow. I saw some dryer extension cords that I think will work but a quick google of that seems to say don't do it. I don't particularly want to get an electrician to run an outlet closer to where I need it. I do...
  12. zapdafish

veneer sources

Wondering where some of you buy raw wood veneer from. I bought some from JoeWoodworker to try and also got what he listed as "balance veneer". Problem for me is the balance veneer I got looks too nice, lol. I browse around on ebay some too, just looking for some other sources to bookmark.
  13. zapdafish

beeswax and naptha

I made this concoction a long time ago to make sure cauls dont stick and started slathering it onto my workbench so I could do glue ups right on the workbench. I'm starting to run low and before I make another batch want to know if there other alternatives? This mixture is pretty flameable so...
  14. zapdafish

Anyone need a saw handle? 2k +

Assuming 2k+ of them and not the price https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/d/winston-salem-huge-lot-of-hand-saw/6997027416.html
  15. zapdafish

How do I square this.

Doing a dry fit here and am not sure how to square this. I've seen alot of videos on how to check for square with a diagonal measure but not what to do if it's out of square. There will be a back which is not yet cut so I will have access to just one side. I'm assuming angle the clamps in some...
  16. zapdafish

Stop the Bleed

I took this class last night from my firearms instructor and thought it might be something woodworkers would be interested in. Main reason I took it is I drive between WS and Gboro everyday and never know when I might need it. We work with very sharp objects and one slip up can be disastrous...
  17. zapdafish

whats this drawer style called?

looking to do something like this where they are easily removable and not sure what to google for ideas, thnx
  18. zapdafish

looking for recommendations in the triad area for someone who can make leather Morris Chair cushions.

I was the lucky person that messaged Dan Bowman first about his Morris Chairs. Looks like all I need to do is some final sanding and apply finish so am looking for a cushion maker in my area. Thanks
  19. zapdafish

this good for scrollers? W-S facebook

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2583513388548725/
  20. zapdafish

pre finish question

I am doing a dry fit before glue up and am wondering if it's ok to apply finish now. About 2-3 inches around the joints while I have everything clamped up. The sides/legs are all glued up. The dry fit are for the two horizontal boards Plan to use tried and true varnish oil. overall project

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS