Search results

1. NCGrimbo

My name got changed and not by me.

I connected to the forum today and noticed that my name had been changed. It's supposed to be NCGrimbo, but this is what I see: I have no idea who ConwayCustom is, but it's not me and the forum software won't let me change the name until the end of February. My password wasn't changed, but...
  2. NCGrimbo

1/4" thick mirror glass - FREE!!!

My cleanout date shifted to September so I still have several old 1/4" mirrors and I'd rather have someone use them than send them to the dump. No frames, just the glass. They have been stored outside for about 15 years. All of them have some sort of defects on them, but I believe you can cut...
  3. NCGrimbo

1/4" thick mirror glass for sale.

I have several old 1/4" mirrors for sale. No frames, just the glass. They have been stored outside for about 15 years. All of them have some sort of defects on them, but I believe you can cut them down to smaller sizes and get some usable parts. Here's the basic information: 1) Price is...
  4. NCGrimbo

Just some picnic prize information.

Based on the 3403 tickets sold as of the forum post on Saturday morning at 6:10, here are some facts I find interesting: Looking at the winners post, we can say: There were a total of 91 prizes, making the chance of winning a prize 1 in 37. 52 people won 1 prize. 11 people won 2 prizes. 2...
  5. NCGrimbo

Bed post question

This summer, I'm planning on making a king bed for myself. I've bought plans and watched the video that the seller of the plans made. In his plans, the bed posts are made from 16/4 white oak. I'm planning on making mine out of maple, but I can't find 16/4 or larger maple boards. But I have a...
  6. NCGrimbo

Keeping track of boards/inventory

I've amassed a fairly large collection of boards from having project leftovers, projects I've decided to not do, and projects that I've not started. While a lot of the boards are long and wide, I also have a decent number of cut offs and turning blanks. [Wow. That sure sounded like a humble...
  7. NCGrimbo

Adding an outlet in a concrete floor.

I've been thinking about adding an outlet in the floor of my garage workshop's concrete floor so that I can get the table saw's power cord out of the way. i know that there will be a need to cut a channel through the concrete to give access to run the cable and conduit from the wall. So here...
  8. NCGrimbo

Looking for July/Aug. copy of Woodworker's Journal.

Does anyone have a copy of the July/Aug. edition of Woodworker's Journal? I'm looking at building some top bar beehives and wanted to check out their design. Please PM me if you are willing to part with your copy. Thanks! -NCGrimbo
  9. NCGrimbo

Cordless drill and some smoke.

I was using my B&D 20V cordless drill this past weekend to remove some 2" screws from a bunch of 2x4's. One screw didn't come out and the drill let out some smoke from one of the vents. I immediately let go of the trigger and then pulled the battery out of the drill. The drill didn't feel...
  10. NCGrimbo

Free apple wood

Not my post on Craigslist: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/zip/4014975387.html Might be some wood that a turner could use. -NCGrimbo
  11. NCGrimbo

Outdoor storage box door question.

I've built a storage box connected to my deck and I'm going to be building the door for it this weekend. I'll be using 3 pressure treated 3/4" x 6" boards that are 26" long to make up the door. (Final deminsions of 3/4" thick, 26" high, and 16.5" wide) I'm trying to figure out the best way to...
  12. NCGrimbo

Open ended drum sanders.

I've got a question for those of you that have a drum sander where one side is open. How many of you have run a board wider than the drum size and how did it turn out? For example, running a 20" board through a Jet 16-32 drum sander. Also, have you had any issues with the feeder and the drum...
  13. NCGrimbo

Delta 12.5" TP305 feed rollers not feeding.

So I've finally gotten around to working on a project where I need to joint and plane some wood after 2.5 years of doing simple projects using pine and oak from Lowes. I ran the boards through the jointer after cleaning the light surface rust off of it and then moved to the planer. Other than...
  14. NCGrimbo

Looking for 1.5"h X 15"w X 15"l walnut.

Anyone know of a good source for a 1.5"h X 15"w X 15"l walnut block that's fully dried? I'm local to Raleigh and would prefer something within 60 or 80 miles to here. Thanks. -NCGrimbo
  15. NCGrimbo

Table saw wing as a router table.

I've got a Unisaw with the 52" Biesemeyer fence and I can't think of when I've used more than about 24-30" of the space to the right while sawing. I've also seen a lot of people that have used some of the space as a router table. I've currently built my router table into my bench top, but I'm...
  16. NCGrimbo

Balancing a circle of wood.

My brother and I are working on a prize wheel. I cut the circle out of some left over funiture grade plywood using a circle jig and a router. The circle came out perfect with one problem. When it's mounted vertically and spun, it always stops at the same point due to the weight being uneven...
  17. NCGrimbo

Routing through 8/4 wood.

I'm getting ready to work on a new project and I'll be doing something that I've never done before and need some advice. I'm going to be routing wavy lines on some different species of wood and then glueing them together to form a single piece of wood. I found this image as an example of what...
  18. NCGrimbo

Designing/building hidden doors.

I'm going to begin finishing my attic into liveable space this year and one feature I've always wanted was a storage area with a hidden door. Something similare to these: http://hiddendoors.com/galleryThumb.asp?category=13 or http://hideadoor.com/. Has anyone done something like this? Can I...
  19. NCGrimbo

Wood to not use for a cutting board.

Are there any wood species that anyone would not use when making a cutting board? I know that some wood is unhealthy if the sawdust is breathed in and I was wondering if that holds true if it's made into a cutting board. -NCGrimbo
  20. NCGrimbo

Pack ratting boards & cutoffs.

Has anyone else looked at their wood pile and realized that they are a pack rat when it comes to boards and cut offs? I'm getting rid of my current wood shelves to move to a vertical storage system to save some space and I realized that I've been a pack rat when it comes to wood. Rather than...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS