Search results

1. FlyingRon

May Contest Winner Ernie and Sandra Miller

Here's Phil Soper’s interview with the May winner.
  2. FlyingRon

Mountain City Bill's scale Jewelry Chest

This month's winner: @Mountain City Bill
  3. FlyingRon

A Message from Steve Coles

We presented NC Woodworkers founder Steve Coles a lifetime achievement award. He recorded this message as he was not able to attend to picnic:
  4. FlyingRon

Raffle Back Online

There was a glitch today in the raffle ticket number generator. I'm fixing it now. The raffle will be offline for a few minutes while I make corrections. -Ron
  5. FlyingRon

Jim Creasman's Moxon vise

Attached is the interview with Jim Creasman on this vise project which won the March Monthly Contest.
  6. FlyingRon

2022 NCWW Raffle Prizes.

This is a placeholder thread for the announcement of the NCWW Raffle prizes. Stay tuned for more information.
  7. FlyingRon

Attachment/Image problem fixed

Our disk on the server was full. I have increased its size.
  8. FlyingRon

Woodworker's RV

This one came across my facebook feed this morning:
  9. FlyingRon

Virtual Raffle Drawing

Join NCWW as we stream our annual raffle drawing for 2020. Prizes will be drawn from the smallest retail value to the largest value. You do not have to participate in the meeting to win a prize, we will notify winners via the email address provided when the ticket was purchased. Information on...
  10. FlyingRon

Letter from a fan

We received the following letter from Carolyn Remaklus via the admin email box. Good job to all those who worked on the Angel project! Thank you Dear members of NCWoodworker. I am one of the recipients of your angels you gifted to hospital workers. I work at UNC REX Hospital. I look at my...
  11. FlyingRon

Fun with epoxy

My neighbor ripped out his kitchen so I spent a few days relocating the junk cabinets into Margy's garden shed. As it didn't come with a countertop, I just got a dozen two by fours, ran them through the jointer and glued them up. While I was poking around Lowe's looking for something to finish...
  12. FlyingRon

Brief Downtime tonight

The site will be down briefly tonight (Sunday, July 12) to update the software to the latest release.
  13. FlyingRon

2020 Board of Directors election now open.

If you are a corporate member, you are eligible and encouraged to vote in the election. Information on the election and candidates are in this thread in the corporate members' forum: https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/2020-board-of-directors-election-now-open.69713/ A...
  14. FlyingRon

Help your local medical personnel: Masks

Margy was talking to an acquaintance who is involved with pediatric respiratory cases and they are in desperate need of N95 masks. Margy had a half dozen that she bought because we were expecting to be in smoke-laden Australia in February (fortunately the fires were out by the time we got...
  15. FlyingRon

Site Instability

I apologize. The forums site outgrew the disk it was living in and unfortunately, I've been halfway around the world in the past few weeks. In attempting to correct the problem, I toasted the system and had to restore it from a backup. The good news, is we now have twice as much disk...
  16. FlyingRon

SPAM BOT HIT US

Some of you may have noticed postings and even Private Messages from a user named ncwoodworkerr. This was a spammer who managed to get around our basic tests. I'll be remedying that. All of his posts have been removed. Understand that despite his choice of user name, he had nothing to...
  17. FlyingRon

Rules for the "For Sale / Wanted" forum.

This forum section is for members to post personal woodworking-related items for sale (or offer to purchase). In order to post here, you must have User or higher status (i.e., not New User). If you don't see the "Post Thread" button, that is why. If you are unclear why you are still in New...
  18. FlyingRon

Rules for posting here.

This section is for posting information on items found for sale on other sites (by persons other than those posting).
  19. FlyingRon

Did you know we have a YouTube channel?

I know it isn't the easiest to find, but we have a dozen videos up on the NCWW YouTube channel. To make this and our facebook page easier to find, I've added a Social Media link to the main menu.
  20. FlyingRon

Downloads Restored

The "downloads" section of the old site has been loaded into the RESOURCES section of this site.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors