Search results

1. Jim Wallace

A new workbench for my granddaughter

I have just finished a workbench for my granddaughter. She is 5 years old and when she comes to visit she likes to work in my shop. I used an old piece of commercial Maple countertop which I resurfaced with hand planes for the work surface because she likes to draw and paint and loves to have...
  2. Jim Wallace

New Planer Head

I have just finished upgrading my 50 year-old Delta wedge bed planer, which I bought new, to a Byrd cutter head. Several years ago I replaced the head on my DJ-20 8“ jointer with a Shelix head largely because of the encouragement from this group of woodworkers. I have been so pleased with it...
  3. Jim Wallace

Sharpening Workshop at NCSU Craft Center

I’ll be teaching a workshop on November 4, 5, and 6 at the Craft Center at NCSU on sharpening hand tools: chisels, planes, cabinet scrapers and more! We will cut some mortise and tenon joints with chisels that we sharpen in the workshop and finish a small cutting board using block planes...
  4. Jim Wallace

"Chairs" at the Bascom center for visual arts in Highlands, NC

This chair will be included in a juried exhibition of chairs at the Bascom center for visual art in Highlands, NC. The show opens with a reception from 4 to 6 pm on Friday, October 6, which will feature the juror, Brian Fireman, and will run through December 10 this year. The opening reception...
  5. Jim Wallace

Crib

I've updated my website with a photo essay and video of my son and me building a crib for his daughter Margaret who was born the first week of August. Here's the link: https://jimwallacewoodturning.com/new-2/ We built this crib using green white oak riven from a tree that had grown on our...
  6. Jim Wallace

NCSU Crafts Center Fall Exhibit

The Crafts Center at NC State (located in the basement of the Thompson Theater) has just announced their fall exhibit: a show of works by the woodworking instructors at the Crafts Center. The show will open Thursday Aug. 16 and will run through October 28. The exhibit may be viewed any time...
  7. Jim Wallace

Christmas Gloat

I bought this lathe from Al LeCoff in 1981 and turned on it for 20 years. When I had to move my shop I didn't have a place for it so I put it in a barn and stored it for several years. This Christmas I received a VFD to drive a 2 hp 3 phase motor I had taken off another machine I had bought...
  8. Jim Wallace

Timber Frame Joinery used in my house.

I've just added a page to my website showing some of the Timber Frame Joinery used in building my house. This is old work, but still may be of interest to some members. http://jimwallacewoodturning.com/timber-frame-joinery-in-my-house/
  9. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace

I thought I had introduced myself some time ago, apparently not. I live on a small farm which my wife, Nancy, and I share with my brother's family in northern Wake County, about half way between Wake Forest and Creedmoor. I started wood working 40 years ago this year. I moved here about 36...
  10. Jim Wallace

Wood Turning at Wake Forest Farmers' Market

Hey All, I'm a relatively new member. This is my first post. I'll be showing my wood turnings at the Wake Forest Farmers' Market this season as well as advertising the natural Angus beef that my brother and I raise just west of Wake Forest. For the market I'm making mostly kitchen...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS