Search results

1. Bugle

Walking stick finish

My grandsons who live in Oregon want me to make them walking sticks. I found a nice eastern red cedar that has been dead for a year or so and I like it because of the color and weight. My question is about a finish. I want to make them as waterproof as possible since I know they will be using...
  2. Bugle

Bark Preservation

I was gifted a persimmon slab that is about 3 1/2 " thick and about 8 ' long. I plan on planing it down and making a mantle for my daughter. The bark has such character that I would like to preserve it if possible. I've never tried it before and would appreciate any suggestions. Here's what...
  3. Bugle

Grizzly spindle sander

This can't be legit. https://www.bvcder.com/product/blackfriday-grizzly-industrial-1-hp-oscillating-spindle-sander/
  4. Bugle

Stainable Exterior Wood Filler

My neighbor is installing some 6x6 treated posts for a customer. She wants to stain the posts and they have some large cracks that need to be filled. Is there a stainable exterior wood filler? Thanks in advance.
  5. Bugle

Sold a wood burning

Several years ago I did a small (8x10) burning of this picture that I took at Holden Beach. After showing it and other burnings to friends and family, they said that I should try to sell something. I've done houses, dogs, landscapes, fish, candle holders, turned bowls, portraits (which are...
  6. Bugle

Rainbow Carving

Haven't done any carving in a while (and I still consider myself a novice), but was inspired by doing some fly fishing in Boone (my youngest son and his wife have a cabin in Boone right on the New River...also on AirBnb). I used cutoffs from some 2x4's for the fish and the rocks. The fish is...
  7. Bugle

Coloring wood burnings

Decided to try my hand at adding color to a wood burning. I used water color pencils, but instead of water, I used rubbing alcohol to avoid raising the grain of the wood.
  8. Bugle

Trout Landing Net

Gonna try my hand at making a trout landing net similar to this one. What glue would you use for the laminated strips? I've seen videos where they used Gorilla polyurethane glue or Titebond III. What is everyone's opinion? TIA.
  9. Bugle

A challenge for Charlie

Here ya go, Charlie. Let me know when you get it finished
  10. Bugle

Woodburning commission

I burned this old Holden Beach Ferry from a photo that I found online. I posted it to a Facebook group that I belong to (Friends of Holden Beach). I received quite a few positive comments and some are asking if I sell these. I've never sold anything that I have made, but since there is so...
  11. Bugle

Pyrography

As you may have seen in a previous post, I am currently recovering from some surgery (doing well). Since I have to limit my lifting, high heart rate, etc., for a few weeks, I decided to try something that I could do while sitting on my butt ;). I have toyed around with pyrography in the past...
  12. Bugle

Wood ID

Planing some pallet wood for my son and ran across this. Have no idea what it is. Not very dense, lightweight. Anyone?
  13. Bugle

Outdoor finish

My son is building a grill cart for his Weber grill from pallet wood. We are going to plane it down and finish it. He is going to keep it outside and covered, but would still like to seal the wood. My question is what finish would you recommend...Waterlox, Epifanes, some other oil based...
  14. Bugle

5/4 red oak?

My neighbor is looking for 5/4 x 6" x 6ft red oak to make thresholds. Where near Raleigh can he find it? Thanks.
  15. Bugle

Chestnut Tree

I have a friend in Raleigh that wants to get rid of a chestnut tree in his yard. Free if you take it down and remove it (except a couple of turning blanks he promised me :gar-Bi). I haven't seen the tree, but he says it is about 45' tall and 15" or so in diameter with the first 20' "straight...
  16. Bugle

Branding Iron?

My son who is pretty creative (teaches HS English and creative writing) has been doing some graphic arts/logo work on the side. Doing pretty well so far. He created this logo for me and I would like to get a branding iron made. Any recommendations that won't break the bank? ( BTW if you need...
  17. Bugle

Bosch Colt at Lowe's in Garner

Saw the Bosch Colt router in the Lowe's in Garner (US 70 & Tryon Rd.) on sale for $89. If you qualify for their military discount, it would be $80. Looked on their web site and it is listed as "currently unavailable" and it isn't in the Cary store.
  18. Bugle

Walnut Slab

I was GIVEN a beautiful black walnut slab (I do get lucky sometimes). I built a router sled (thanks for the advice and link Jeff) and bought a planing bit (good recommendation from Zach) and flattened it pretty well. It was fairly warped so I took probably 3/8" off the entire piece but it's...
  19. Bugle

Found a Critter

Rough turning an old, old piece of cherry. Found this dude. He had been dead a long time. Experimented with turquoise inlay, which I haven't done before. Lots of holes that had to be filled. Also tried a paste wax/mineral spirits finish which is new to me also.
  20. Bugle

Book Box

Birthday gift for my son who is a high school English teacher and aspiring poet. Not my design (plagiarised from the net). Walnut book cover, cherry bookmark, basswood pages and feather.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS